IGNORED

Brownhill

BcfcDuncs

Plays much better on the right. Had his best spell of form on the right a couple of season ago. 
I think he lacks the all-round game awareness/management/ball retention in the central position and I firmly believe his best position is right midfield. Allows him the freedom to drift across the front and be creative. 
I hope he stays out there. Much prefer him there. 

His downside has been concentration, like Wednesday poorly weighted pass giving the ball away in a dangerous position, today on the right doing a double act with Hunt, outstanding, allowing the rest of midfield to get on with it! The 2 games could not be more different! Invisible midfield transformed into a cohesive unit! I would like to say well done LJ for changing the system and starting your best team! but that would infer the poor displays of late were his fault!

ducking behind wall! Because they were! (LJ’s fault)

To be fair, combining down the right with Hunt is a perfect match up for width and prowess. Nonetheless I can't really knock him in the middle. Weimann also produces a great influence on the game by helping everyone, including the guys out wide.

What with Massengo, Smith and Nagy, who in my opinion is our best player, the CM spots are taken, allowing Brownhill to affect the game from out wide.

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

Plays much better on the right. Had his best spell of form on the right a couple of season ago. 
I think he lacks the all-round game awareness/management/ball retention in the central position and I firmly believe his best position is right midfield. Allows him the freedom to drift across the front and be creative. 
I hope he stays out there. Much prefer him there. 

Yes, sometimes it’s just too tight for Josh in CM.  Nagy and Massengo’s technique in tight spaces is superior to Josh.  But in that flexible RM role he can get the ball out of his feet and drive-on.

Think it was key today having two fantastic players on our wings. It's great having one, but having two of them means we are not just getting it to one at every opportunity as they're both so threatening. Pass it either side and something is likely to happen. Keep this please LJ!

33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Think it was key today having two fantastic players on our wings. It's great having one, but having two of them means we are not just getting it to one at every opportunity as they're both so threatening. Pass it either side and something is likely to happen. Keep this please LJ!

I wasn’t far off with my shout of playing Josh wide right, was I?! In fact, that’s the exact midfield four I picked on Thursday morning and we’ve gone and stuck five goals on a team...

The gaffer owes me a beer tonight.

Archived