IGNORED

Said it before Changing formations is ineffective

barneyrubble

Said a while ago about the fallacy of changing formations and coming up with new ones. More convinced than ever now that it gives managers an input to try to effect the game. Unfortunately this does not work . Stick with the formation you want , drill the players, buy players who fit into it and persevere with it. We look at times like we have absolutely no idea what we’re trying to do and it really is no surprise as there probably attempting to remember where there supposed to be on the pitch.

29 minutes ago, Barney red said:

Said a while ago about the fallacy of changing formations and coming up with new ones. More convinced than ever now that it gives managers an input to try to effect the game. Unfortunately this does not work . Stick with the formation you want , drill the players, buy players who fit into it and persevere with it. We look at times like we have absolutely no idea what we’re trying to do and it really is no surprise as there probably attempting to remember where there supposed to be on the pitch.

I’ve said a number of times , Johnson’s biggest failure is he when he has a large squad he over thinks and tries to be clever. His best results tend to come when we’ve got injuries and he has a smaller number of players to pick from

2 minutes ago, daored said:

I’ve said a number of times , Johnson’s biggest failure is he when he has a large squad he over thinks and tries to be clever. His best results tend to come when we’ve got injuries and he has a smaller number of players to pick from

exactly this.

Is this topic an echo chamber? I guess you lot weren’t at the Gate in April when our change of formation with Webster in the middle caught last nights opposition totally cold?

Not that I agree with the formation or selection last night but only an idiot would rigidly stick to one formation, you need a clear plan a, b ,c etc... 

• Admin
17 minutes ago, zombie said:

Is this topic an echo chamber? I guess you lot weren’t at the Gate in April when our change of formation with Webster in the middle caught last nights opposition totally cold?

Not that I agree with the formation or selection last night but only an idiot would rigidly stick to one formation, you need a clear plan a, b ,c etc... 

Spot on, but sad we have to go so far back to find a game where the change made a difference

Completely agree about the squad size messing his head for selection

Archived