IGNORED

Big 3 home games..

BCFC1512

Huddersfield, Millwall and Blackburn. Like West Brom Fulham is a freebie really but if we want any hope being in or around the top 6 we’ve got be looking at getting 9 points and then really making AG a fortress!!! The way we play away yeah we’ll take some beating but will also win our fair share!

agree need to make AG a fortress (which it hasnt been for years, perhaps at all under LJ). As much as fans need something to get them off their feet on the pitch, it works both ways. Fans need to take some initiative and get behind the boys and not rely on S82. If the occasional ball goes astray try and not groan! Get behind the boys from minute 1 and see if we can knick an early goal - could open the floodgates.

Yes I am a glass half full happy clapper. Shoot me. 

Without meaning to sound reactive to last nights poor performance, I really do think we should use these three games as an opportunity to try and persevere with a back 4, and with Eliasson and Diedhiou in from the start. Eliasson makes us look like a different team in attack, and Famara has always been our most likely and consistent scorer since Bobby crossed the bridge (Afobe excluded). Regardless, it all starts with Huddersfield in a couple of days, which is a great chance for us to climb into the play-offs as we enter December.

What I'd like to see Saturday, in a 4-2-3-1.

Bentley - Pereira, Kalas (hopefully), Baker, Rowe - Nagy, Smith - COD, Andi, Eliasson - Fam.

Subs: Maenpaa, Williams, Hunt (hopefully), Massengo, Brownhill, Semenyo, Palmer.

Roll on Saturday, COYR.

• Admin
1 hour ago, devoncider said:

agree need to make AG a fortress (which it hasnt been for years, perhaps at all under LJ). As much as fans need something to get them off their feet on the pitch, it works both ways. Fans need to take some initiative and get behind the boys and not rely on S82. If the occasional ball goes astray try and not groan! Get behind the boys from minute 1 and see if we can knick an early goal - could open the floodgates.

I admire your positivity @devoncider , can I have some of whatever is only filing your glass half full please?

I need some optimism 

For me personally, Saturday is a big game. If our performance is as inept as Forest I’m think the disillusion will start to creep in. 

I accept that we’re at best a top 10 side, so I know we’ll drop points along the way. However the manner in which this happens and our performances at home over the last couple of seasons, do start to ask questions.

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Without meaning to sound reactive to last nights poor performance, I really do think we should use these three games as an opportunity to try and persevere with a back 4, and with Eliasson and Diedhiou in from the start. Eliasson makes us look like a different team in attack, and Famara has always been our most likely and consistent scorer since Bobby crossed the bridge (Afobe excluded). Regardless, it all starts with Huddersfield in a couple of days, which is a great chance for us to climb into the play-offs as we enter December.

What I'd like to see Saturday, in a 4-2-3-1.

Bentley - Pereira, Kalas (hopefully), Baker, Rowe - Nagy, Smith - COD, Andi, Eliasson - Fam.

Subs: Maenpaa, Williams, Hunt (hopefully), Massengo, Brownhill, Semenyo, Palmer.

Roll on Saturday, COYR.

I like your team and formation but leaving out Brownhill is a big call.  I'd probably pick him just ahead of Smith in that team.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

I like your team and formation but leaving out Brownhill is a big call.  I'd probably pick him just ahead of Smith in that team.

It's a close call. I went Smith for his ability to seemingly appear everywhere, I feel like him and Nagy could screen a back 4 well. Brownhill is too inconsistent for me. Great goals against Cardiff and Charlton granted, but does he do enough consistently other than the odd goal? I'm not certain. 

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It's a close call. I went Smith for his ability to seemingly appear everywhere, I feel like him and Nagy could screen a back 4 well. Brownhill is too inconsistent for me. Great goals against Cardiff and Charlton granted, but does he do enough consistently other than the odd goal? I'm not certain. 

Fair enough.  I love Smith so it's no criticism of him at all.  We do have a lot of good options in the middle.  You could possibly play Brownhill at the middle of the forward three behind Fam, but that would mean leaving out Wiemann, who I also like.  No easy answers.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fair enough.  I love Smith so it's no criticism of him at all.  We do have a lot of good options in the middle.  You could possibly play Brownhill at the middle of the forward three behind Fam, but that would mean leaving out Wiemann, who I also like.  No easy answers.

I do like Brownhill too, maybe some competition will bring out his best game. Like you say, no easy answers. Just got to pray we find the right one on Saturday.

5 hours ago, devoncider said:

I probably should agree with you but I find it hard to cheer a crap pass or shot or a player more interested in playing it towards our goal rather than the oppositions. I never thought of myself as a glass half empty bloke. I always thought I was just a miserable old git.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

At worst. we need 7 points from this set of home games. At worst.

I actually think 7 points could be acceptable given the nature of this League.

Nah. You can't tell me that the 2nd best possible points return is barely acceptable. 

6 from next 3 games would be great

The football we are playing at home is awful in my opinion, I think it'll stay that way until LJ stops focusing on negating the opposition set up and chucks his energies into putting out a City side that goes for it from the start - high press, high energy,  plays with some tempo and urgency instead of this pedestrian predictable approach we seem to serve up.

We have had a nightmare with injuries I know but we've got a good squad and it should be capable of putting on a show, lets get the opposition to worry about negating how we will be playing for a change and give it a bloody good go.

2 minutes ago, Redstart said:

The football we are playing at home is awful in my opinion, I think it'll stay that way until LJ stops focusing on negating the opposition set up and chucks his energies into putting out a City side that goes for it from the start - high press, high energy,  plays with some tempo and urgency instead of this pedestrian predictable approach we seem to serve up.

We have had a nightmare with injuries I know but we've got a good squad and it should be capable of putting on a show, lets get the opposition to worry about negating how we will be playing for a change and give it a bloody good go.

Absolutely agree with this 100% to negative and boring to watch, if I never had a season ticket I don’t think I would be paying potd prices for many games

32 minutes ago, marmite said:

I probably should agree with you but I find it hard to cheer a crap pass or shot or a player more interested in playing it towards our goal rather than the oppositions. I never thought of myself as a glass half empty bloke. I always thought I was just a miserable old git.

Interesting comment, not sure if I  love it or hate it though. ;) 

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

I will be very, very surprised if we get 7 points.

Very achievable IF we play to our own strengths rather than those of the opposition... give them the problem of having to deal with us. 

LJ says he believes in our players, let's prove it Lee and play accordingly, we can be very good going forward if and when were allowed to go for it. 

Open it up, we are more than capable of giving our visitors a headache and bloody nose, our defence ain't half bad so lets make them worry about us, we seem to give visiting sides too much respect far too often and create headaches for ourselves.

Lets make Ashton Gate fun again … and it'll all come good.

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Very achievable IF we play to our own strengths rather than those of the opposition... give them the problem of having to deal with us. 

LJ says he believes in our players, let's prove it Lee and play accordingly, we can be very good going forward if and when were allowed to go for it. 

Open it up, we are more than capable of giving our visitors a headache and bloody nose, our defence ain't half bad so lets make them worry about us, we seem to give visiting sides too much respect far too often and create headaches for ourselves.

Is that borne out though?

Shots conceded though partly down to the zones in which we concede them aren't always encouraging- a more open game, and I'm not fully averse to a more open game, but a more open game runs the risk of that defence being exposed- especially if we get the balance wrong in midfield!

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

100% we give teams to much respect at home and we play like an away side 

I could completely understand playing the 3 midfielders last night, but COD at WB, and AW as a lone wide striker with Palmer only having him as a target didn't work. That said, I had been looking forward to seeing Nagy holding with Josh and HNM (last night it was Korey) being busy in front, I still think it could work . I do think we need to tweak it on Saturday, not only do we need a win, I think we need a performance. 
I would like to see us go to a back 4 , 3 MF's and then throw Eliasson on with Fam up top and either AW or Palmer on the other side as a wide front 3. I think it would give us some movement with the wider forwards, and Fam could be Fam in the middle. Brownhill and HNM are busy box to box players that could cover and support forward. 

Plus we've tried every other formation :pray:

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I could completely understand playing the 3 midfielders last night, but COD at WB, and AW as a lone wide striker with Palmer only having him as a target didn't work. That said, I had been looking forward to seeing Nagy holding with Josh and HNM (last night it was Korey) being busy in front, I still think it could work . I do think we need to tweak it on Saturday, not only do we need a win, I think we need a performance. 
I would like to see us go to a back 4 , 3 MF's and then throw Eliasson on with Fam up top and either AW or Palmer on the other side as a wide front 3. I think it would give us some movement with the wider forwards, and Fam could be Fam in the middle. Brownhill and HNM are busy box to box players that could cover and support forward. 

Plus we've tried every other formation :pray:

We’ve tried every other formation,usually in the same game 

Archived