IGNORED

Big 3 home games..

BCFC1512

42 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Except 4-3-3...haha.

Which is a shame as ironically I think it'd suit us rather well- LJ of course doesn't agree and he is the qualified manager after all  that's the end of that one.

The more I think about it the more I like it. Eliasson and Weimann wide, dropping in out of possession . Fam's lack of movement wouldn't be such and issue, and if we have good ball retention we could have support from Brownhill & HNM/Smith and Pereira and Rowe from FB. 
I would feel more confident in this system if Kalas was fit, but I doubt  Lee is reading this anyway, so as you say, end of that one :whistle:

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The more I think about it the more I like it. Eliasson and Weimann wide, dropping in out of possession . Fam's lack of movement wouldn't be such and issue, and if we have good ball retention we could have support from Brownhill & HNM/Smith and Pereira and Rowe from FB. 
I would feel more confident in this system if Kalas was fit, but I doubt  Lee is reading this anyway, so as you say, end of that one :whistle:

@Mr Popodopolous I rarely consider a 433 for City, but maybe Fam can just split the CBs and Weimann and Eliasson (or whoever in the Wing Forward Roles), stop the FBs getting the ball and progressing.

With a midfield 3 of Nagy, Brownhill and Massengo (sorry, no Smith, yet....he wasn’t ready last night, despite giving all he had), plenty of energy and technical ability.

I might be coming round to it.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

@Mr Popodopolous I rarely consider a 433 for City, but maybe Fam can just split the CBs and Weimann and Eliasson (or whoever in the Wing Forward Roles), stop the FBs getting the ball and progressing.

With a midfield 3 of Nagy, Brownhill and Massengo (sorry, no Smith, yet....he wasn’t ready last night, despite giving all he had), plenty of energy and technical ability.

@Davefevs On the Smith point, I was surprised he started last night tbh, looking back! Massengo has been decently rested, yet more match fit- his energy might have helped, if in a 3.

Agreed- that's an ideal midfield 3 for many reasons.

Split CB's, Wing Forward- I like the sound of that- there would be pace, skill and some physicality id Diedhiou is up for it, putting himself about- a nice blend! I do have concerns about Diedhiou but that mix could be quite good.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Davefevs On the Smith point, I was surprised he started last night tbh, looking back! Massengo has been decently rested, yet more match fit- his energy might have helped, if in a 3.

Agreed- that's an ideal midfield 3 for many reasons.

Split CB's, Wing Forward- I like the sound of that- there would be pace, skill and some physicality id Diedhiou is up for it, putting himself about- a nice blend! I do have concerns about Diedhiou but that mix could be quite good.

I have been looking forward for a while, to the time when Nagy was fit, so LJ would (hopefully) play HNM and Brownhill forward of Nagy. To my mind that is an exciting proposition. Massengo  has bags of energy, and we've seen glimpses of how he can get forward, which in itself could take some of the load off of Josh. As I said , Eliasson and AW/KP making a 4-1-4-1 out of possession, and 4-3-3 when we have the ball. I always like a wide player coming onto the back post when we were attacking from wide the other side.

On 28/11/2019 at 15:54, WhistleHappy said:

Very achievable IF we play to our own strengths rather than those of the opposition... give them the problem of having to deal with us. 

LJ says he believes in our players, let's prove it Lee and play accordingly, we can be very good going forward if and when were allowed to go for it. 

Open it up, we are more than capable of giving our visitors a headache and bloody nose, our defence ain't half bad so lets make them worry about us, we seem to give visiting sides too much respect far too often and create headaches for ourselves.

Lets make Ashton Gate fun again … and it'll all come good.

hqdefault.jpg

Perhaps we have found that system that works at home, I'd say we allowed an average side too much possession, 8 shots on target is a big improvement on the Forest game but we can get better. If we can stick with that system, and keep giving Eliasson the chance to take on the full back we will create chances. We do need a threat down the left, but hopefully that will come. Millwall and Blackburn won't be easy, but that early goal will be important.

Archived