IGNORED

Premier League on Amazon Prime (Merged)

Unan

Yeah I saw that Prime is now doing Premier League games. It's brilliant actually because not only can you get a free 30-day trial, as part of Black Friday you can also get three months' membership for £11.99 (reduced from £23.97) - and that includes unlimited one-day delivery, unlimited music and all the films and TV box sets. No-brainer! 

Thanks for reading, 

Jeff Bezos

1 hour ago, Highguy said:

Sadly this is where football is going wrong

amazon prime is the same level as Netflix and shouldn’t be showing football but sadly money and tv rights are ruining the beautiful game we fell in love with

Ultimately it's no different to BSkyB spunking loads on it in 1992 really.

27 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Ultimately it's no different to BSkyB spunking loads on it in 1992 really.

Yes.

An interesting "what-if"/alternate history type scenario here- what if ITV won the rights from 1992 and not BSkyB? Some reports suggest that PL the saviour of BSkyB. Could have had significant butterfly effects and not just in football!

2 hours ago, Highguy said:

amazon prime is the same level as Netflix and shouldn’t be showing football but sadly money and tv rights are ruining the beautiful game we fell in love with

Why not? I personally feel as though this is the logical next step from the outdated and monopolised current situation with terrestrial television. 

19 minutes ago, Distortia said:

Why not? I personally feel as though this is the logical next step from the outdated and monopolised current situation with terrestrial television. 

Because there’s no need to have all these different companies changing fixtures and kick off times

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes.

An interesting "what-if"/alternate history type scenario here- what if ITV won the rights from 1992 and not BSkyB? Some reports suggest that PL the saviour of BSkyB. Could have had significant butterfly effects and not just in football!

Game would've been very different I think

Like what happened or not, and like the man or not, Murdoch really was a long way ahead of his time with the subscription model. He once said the Premiership was his "battering ram" in to peoples homes. 

Ultimately I think we'd have a significantly more balanced national game. Alex Fynn is a really fascinating man who advised BSkyB and the FA on how the future of football might look. He's said a lot about how he advocates for an 18 - 20 - 20/20/20 system with regionalised divisions at the bottom (more 'event' type games and less dead rubbers - more local derbies, fewer Crewe vs Plymouth type games), and how he told Sky what they wanted to hear rather than what would be good for the game. He believes that if ITV had had control of the game with the FA in a dominant financial position then England would've won the World Cup again by now, and we'd have had significantly higher attendances across all 5 of his proposed major divisions. 

9 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yeah I saw that Prime is now doing Premier League games. It's brilliant actually because not only can you get a free 30-day trial, as part of Black Friday you can also get three months' membership for £11.99 (reduced from £23.97) - and that includes unlimited one-day delivery, unlimited music and all the films and TV box sets. No-brainer! 

Thanks for reading, 

Jeff Bezos

Or, you can go and watch plenty of non league football ‘live’ over Xmas. Have a beer, stand where you want, plenty of passion.

Seriously, who needs the Premier league and all its hype. 

10 hours ago, Highguy said:

Prime is shite compared to Netflix, Amazon really need to improve the UI, its unusable. Netflix have it spot on and so simple to use.

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

ITV Digital!

That did more harm to the game that most other broadcasters did.

Amazon are hardly going to go bust tho are they.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Prime is shite compared to Netflix, Amazon really need to improve the UI, its unusable. Netflix have it spot on and so simple to use.

Ment it’s the same as Netflix as in it’s for films and documentaries not for live sports agree Netflix is miles better 

Just “switched over” to check out the production etc, wondered if it would be a bit gimmicky, but it all seems pretty standard fare. 

Didn’t see any of the build up though so not sure who the studios pundits etc are

Anyone else noticed much different to the established Sky/BT shows?

• Admin

Personally, whilst I am looking fondly backwards to the ‘old days’ before Sky money skewed the game, I have enjoyed some of the Sky coverage, in the pub, or at home.  What I won’t be doing is buying subscriptions to multiple platforms to watch football - I’m fortunate enough to say I won’t be paying, not can’t pay, to watch all the games now and going forward isn’t going to be cheap.

I get the football authorities trying to maximise income, but there must be a tipping point and for me it’s been reached.

Archived