IGNORED

Premier League on Amazon Prime (Merged)

Unan

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Curious as to what you would like to have seen?

I dunno really, I just get tired of the same old main commentator and one ex-player commentary setup.  They spout the same cliches and talk in the exact same manner all the time.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Just “switched over” to check out the production etc, wondered if it would be a bit gimmicky, but it all seems pretty standard fare. 

Didn’t see any of the build up though so not sure who the studios pundits etc are

Anyone else noticed much different to the established Sky/BT shows?

Probably the same production teams/camera people.

Would imagine most are self employed and if they know their trade, they'll likely get the gig.

59 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Personally, whilst I am looking fondly backwards to the ‘old days’ before Sky money skewed the game, I have enjoyed some of the Sky coverage, in the pub, or at home.  What I won’t be doing is buying subscriptions to multiple platforms to watch football - I’m fortunate enough to say I won’t be paying, not can’t pay, to watch all the games now and going forward isn’t going to be cheap.

I get the football authorities trying to maximise income, but there must be a tipping point and for me it’s been reached.

Especially when you can get games for free on streaming sites, and ususally in HD, I honestly don't see why anyone would pay even if they wanted to.

25 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Fairs. I was surprised to see the same people as on the beeb.

So is it a choice of all games tomorrow?

Yes all games are live you just select which one you want to view 

the good thing is you can watch 45 mins off early game then 90 of then 2nd game or watch 90 of first game then last bit of that 2nd game 

12 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Just “switched over” to check out the production etc, wondered if it would be a bit gimmicky, but it all seems pretty standard fare. 

Didn’t see any of the build up though so not sure who the studios pundits etc are

Anyone else noticed much different to the established Sky/BT shows?

Very low key coverage I thought. Without the fancy swoosh sounds and crap that Sky insist on. 

I really like the idea of this. They could even charge £20 a month and get all the football under one umbrella. Would save me £14 per month straight away. 

It's vital that the 3pm blackout continues if something like this happened though, a few in the replies suggesting that it should be done away with. It would kill grassroots & lower league attendances. 

15 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

It's vital that the 3pm blackout continues if something like this happened though, a few in the replies suggesting that it should be done away with. It would kill grassroots & lower league attendances. 

It's so easy to get Prem 3pm ko games streamed live though if you know how, so a friend told me . . .  

4 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Apparently there is an option to turn off commentary and just have the stadium atmosphere. Might give that a try for Liverpool v Everton tonight. 

There is, although I couldn't see it on my TV App, only on my phone and tablet.

Funnily enough my tablet was almost a minute ahead of my TV so ended up just throwing that feed to my TV.

We have to blame the FA for these ridiculous TV prices. Sky/BT/Amazon charge these prices because they pay, literally, billions to gain the rights. The FA just sell the rights to the highest bidder, with no regard to the fans, greedy ******* the lot of them. 

7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Apparently there is an option to turn off commentary and just have the stadium atmosphere. Might give that a try for Liverpool v Everton tonight. 

That’s properly the best thing about amazon showing the football so far? 

I remember sky doing fanzone you press red button and a fan from each team commentates shame they got rid of it

Archived