IGNORED

Premier League on Amazon Prime (Merged)

Unan

2 hours ago, Highguy said:

That’s properly the best thing about amazon showing the football so far? 

I remember sky doing fanzone you press red button and a fan from each team commentates shame they got rid of it

Some of the arguments and bitching was great to listen to wasn't it.

20 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You cared enough to go onto a thread specifically about the Premier League though.

The title is exactly cryptic. Didn't really have to read anything else to know what it was about and be able to comment my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Personally speaking I’ve enjoyed the last couple of nights watching on Prime, maybe more so as we are in our 30 free trial. Having the option to watch any game is a good addition.

Unfortunately I had the same problem on Prime as last night. Could hear the commentators but no pictures. Not sure why. Maybe there was something I had to activate..........:dunno:

Its disappointing as the Merseyside Derby was a cracking match.

Oddly, my prime steam has been shit. Would have expected near 4k quality with the app.

The point someone raised about the Prem/EFL not selling the rights and instead offering their own streaming service is interesting, pros and cons to that, but it would possibly make it more affordable, even if it would take a lump of cash away in the short term.

It might lead to a more equitable division of cash.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Amazon Prime. Logged on. Found the listed match programmes and could get sound with no pictures..........same as last night.

I had 2 games on at the same time and the wife(not a show) on netflix all at the same time, suggest you check your bandwidth.

On 03/12/2019 at 20:08, CyderInACan said:

Just “switched over” to check out the production etc, wondered if it would be a bit gimmicky, but it all seems pretty standard fare. 

Didn’t see any of the build up though so not sure who the studios pundits etc are

Anyone else noticed much different to the established Sky/BT shows?

Some thoughts on this here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/03/amazon-prime-video-tv-football-premier-league-broadcast-stream

Personally I don't see much difference from Sky, BT and Amazon. Match day going fans have been 2nd best for a long time. 

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oddly, my prime steam has been shit. Would have expected near 4k quality with the app.

The point someone raised about the Prem/EFL not selling the rights and instead offering their own streaming service is interesting, pros and cons to that, but it would possibly make it more affordable, even if it would take a lump of cash away in the short term.

?

After a great deal of effort I managed to speak to someone from Amazon Prime......an American. I explained the problem but he said he couldn’t do anything remotely because there were no live matches on......Gave me a ‘direct’ line number to call if the problem arises again........so the situation remains unresolved....

On 04/12/2019 at 15:37, Seneca the Younger said:

We have to blame the FA for these ridiculous TV prices. 

Keep up.

TV rights for the Premier are owned by, er, The Premier League - the private company owned by its constituent members.

FA to do with the FA.

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Firstly, the EFL can't run itself let alone run and manage worldwide rights management. PL have in place over 40 deals generating billions ( thanks largely to the mastery of our own Richard Scudamore.) Money from streaming rights at 40k ft or cruising the high seas, wherever there's football they're cashing in and other than the NFL I can't think of anybody having done that better.

Secondly, Amazon's Prime service was pretty much the same as any other 4k streaming I've watched. I've very fast fibre and TV with ultra fast, dedicated processor and the minor glitch is the annoying tendancy for the ball, when passed at pace, becoming translucent. The major issue, like on all platforms, is Hoddle comes across as an absolute ****er....

Archived