Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Seneca the Younger

Premier League on Amazon Prime (Merged)

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Got a few Premier league games coming up in December. Might be worth getting a month's free trial just before Black Friday to get all your Christmas prezzies delivered free and watch the games for nowt. 

@Seneca the Younger How is this done?

Yeah I saw that Prime is now doing Premier League games. It's brilliant actually because not only can you get a free 30-day trial, as part of Black Friday you can also get three months' membership for £11.99 (reduced from £23.97) - and that includes unlimited one-day delivery, unlimited music and all the films and TV box sets. No-brainer! 

Thanks for reading, 

Jeff Bezos

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sadly this is where football is going wrong

amazon prime is the same level as Netflix and shouldn’t be showing football but sadly money and tv rights are ruining the beautiful game we fell in love with

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Sign up with your card, the first ert month is free, make sure to cancel your subscription the day before it is set to renew. 

You can actually cancel immediately after signing up, and the trial will still continue for 30 days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highguy said:

amazon prime is the same level as Netflix and shouldn’t be showing football but sadly money and tv rights are ruining the beautiful game we fell in love with

Ultimately it's no different to BSkyB spunking loads on it in 1992 really.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Ultimately it's no different to BSkyB spunking loads on it in 1992 really.

Yes.

An interesting "what-if"/alternate history type scenario here- what if ITV won the rights from 1992 and not BSkyB? Some reports suggest that PL the saviour of BSkyB. Could have had significant butterfly effects and not just in football!

2 hours ago, Highguy said:

Why not? I personally feel as though this is the logical next step from the outdated and monopolised current situation with terrestrial television. 

19 minutes ago, Distortia said:

Why not? I personally feel as though this is the logical next step from the outdated and monopolised current situation with terrestrial television. 

Because there’s no need to have all these different companies changing fixtures and kick off times

6 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Looked into this but couldnt suss an easy route to watch on my TV...?

Firestick is easy to use (and to put Kodi on) if your telly doesn't have the Prime app already installed.

11 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Looked into this but couldnt suss an easy route to watch on my TV...?

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Firestick is easy to use (and to put Kodi on) if your telly doesn't have the Prime app already installed.

Can also be used with a Chromecast. 

Yeh the free trial is the one for this season.

No brainer for a month from today if you want to watch some extra Prem games.

Shame you can't get BT Sport for a month on for example NOW TV. Would get it for Champions League knockout stages.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes.

An interesting "what-if"/alternate history type scenario here- what if ITV won the rights from 1992 and not BSkyB? Some reports suggest that PL the saviour of BSkyB. Could have had significant butterfly effects and not just in football!

Game would've been very different I think

Like what happened or not, and like the man or not, Murdoch really was a long way ahead of his time with the subscription model. He once said the Premiership was his "battering ram" in to peoples homes. 

Ultimately I think we'd have a significantly more balanced national game. Alex Fynn is a really fascinating man who advised BSkyB and the FA on how the future of football might look. He's said a lot about how he advocates for an 18 - 20 - 20/20/20 system with regionalised divisions at the bottom (more 'event' type games and less dead rubbers - more local derbies, fewer Crewe vs Plymouth type games), and how he told Sky what they wanted to hear rather than what would be good for the game. He believes that if ITV had had control of the game with the FA in a dominant financial position then England would've won the World Cup again by now, and we'd have had significantly higher attendances across all 5 of his proposed major divisions. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yeah I saw that Prime is now doing Premier League games. It's brilliant actually because not only can you get a free 30-day trial, as part of Black Friday you can also get three months' membership for £11.99 (reduced from £23.97) - and that includes unlimited one-day delivery, unlimited music and all the films and TV box sets. No-brainer! 

Thanks for reading, 

Jeff Bezos

Or, you can go and watch plenty of non league football ‘live’ over Xmas. Have a beer, stand where you want, plenty of passion.

Seriously, who needs the Premier league and all its hype. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Highguy said:

Prime is shite compared to Netflix, Amazon really need to improve the UI, its unusable. Netflix have it spot on and so simple to use.

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

ITV Digital!

That did more harm to the game that most other broadcasters did.

Amazon are hardly going to go bust tho are they.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Prime is shite compared to Netflix, Amazon really need to improve the UI, its unusable. Netflix have it spot on and so simple to use.

Ment it’s the same as Netflix as in it’s for films and documentaries not for live sports agree Netflix is miles better 

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Or, you can go and watch plenty of non league football ‘live’ over Xmas. Have a beer, stand where you want, plenty of passion.

Seriously, who needs the Premier league and all its hype. 

I can have a beer and stand where I want in my front room

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I can have a beer and stand where I want in my front room

and hopefully keep warm, dry and not have to queue too long for the loo

• Like 1

Just “switched over” to check out the production etc, wondered if it would be a bit gimmicky, but it all seems pretty standard fare. 

Didn’t see any of the build up though so not sure who the studios pundits etc are

Anyone else noticed much different to the established Sky/BT shows?

• Like 1

All pretty standard from what I've seen so far.  Same pundits/commentators, same presentation style etc.

Kinda hoped they'd do something a bit different

Personally, whilst I am looking fondly backwards to the ‘old days’ before Sky money skewed the game, I have enjoyed some of the Sky coverage, in the pub, or at home.  What I won’t be doing is buying subscriptions to multiple platforms to watch football - I’m fortunate enough to say I won’t be paying, not can’t pay, to watch all the games now and going forward isn’t going to be cheap.

I get the football authorities trying to maximise income, but there must be a tipping point and for me it’s been reached.

Just tried to access Burnley v Man City on Amazon. Got the commentary but no visuals........odd, very odd.

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Curious as to what you would like to have seen?

I dunno really, I just get tired of the same old main commentator and one ex-player commentary setup.  They spout the same cliches and talk in the exact same manner all the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Just “switched over” to check out the production etc, wondered if it would be a bit gimmicky, but it all seems pretty standard fare. 

Didn’t see any of the build up though so not sure who the studios pundits etc are

Anyone else noticed much different to the established Sky/BT shows?

Probably the same production teams/camera people.

Would imagine most are self employed and if they know their trade, they'll likely get the gig.

Just now, glos old boy said:

Must try harder :tv_horror:  couple of biggies on tomorrow :bonkers:

That’s not particularly usual advice GoB............:dunno:

59 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Personally, whilst I am looking fondly backwards to the ‘old days’ before Sky money skewed the game, I have enjoyed some of the Sky coverage, in the pub, or at home.  What I won’t be doing is buying subscriptions to multiple platforms to watch football - I’m fortunate enough to say I won’t be paying, not can’t pay, to watch all the games now and going forward isn’t going to be cheap.

I get the football authorities trying to maximise income, but there must be a tipping point and for me it’s been reached.

Especially when you can get games for free on streaming sites, and ususally in HD, I honestly don't see why anyone would pay even if they wanted to.

35 minutes ago, Roe said:

I dunno really, I just get tired of the same old main commentator and one ex-player commentary setup.  They spout the same cliches and talk in the exact same manner all the time.

Fairs. I was surprised to see the same people as on the beeb.

So is it a choice of all games tomorrow?

25 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Fairs. I was surprised to see the same people as on the beeb.

So is it a choice of all games tomorrow?

Yes all games are live you just select which one you want to view 

the good thing is you can watch 45 mins off early game then 90 of then 2nd game or watch 90 of first game then last bit of that 2nd game 

Edited by Highguy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just tried to access Burnley v Man City on Amazon. Got the commentary but no visuals........odd, very odd.

That’s ironic, you usually get the visuals but struggled with the audio, whilst watching football.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Slightly different to being in the Dolman eh?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TBW said:

Are Bristol City in the Premier League?

No.

Then couldn't care less.

You cared enough to go onto a thread specifically about the Premier League though.

• Like 2

I had a quick look at the Palace v Bournemouth game and it looked like a good service.

I struggle these days to watch non-City matches. I'm not emotionally invested, so get bored pretty quickly. Probably just my age!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Curious as to what you would like to have seen?

I think it'd be interesting to have something like data analysts on who could perhaps present a different angle, or support what an ex pro is saying with statistics etc

• Like 1