IGNORED

Eliasson (again)

Super

That’s the point JD, his body position was Wrong....square on.  Almost in part cost us a goal.  It’s harsh, but that’s the realities at this level.  A simple throw-in set play, opened us up, and Grant (might’ve been Kachunga) should’ve done better with the header.

Rowe hasn’t always been perfect there either!!

Niclas works hard, has become a bit more physical, but naively “bundles” into people too, giving away some unnecessary free-kicks.  He has improved, but not to the point imho where I’d be trying to sell his defensive attributes, but that’s just me.  All about opinions.

604A0DA4-D68C-4DD6-B307-5A87A6868748.png

76AA19AA-130F-4960-84A5-6C6CB01151C9.png

E2C76C9E-A9AB-4277-96DE-40125CC573D0.png

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Got caught ball watching from a couple of Huddersfield throw-ins, where taker got in round the back of him.  One led to the cross that Grant should’ve headed home.

His positional sense and discipline v Reading was awful.

But he did better at Barnsley.

He is not natural in his defending.  O’Dowda switches off too.

But let’s hope we are continuing to talk about his attacking threat going forward.  What I liked about him starting left on Saturday was that he didn’t hug the left touchline.  He did give that option, but importantly he drifted infield too.  I can’t remember the build up to the right footed shot in the inside right position from Nagy pass, but the whole fluidity was great to watch.

This was excellent to see. Agree about the defensive work, not natural- but perhaps easier to improve that than if he was a solid but unspectacular wide option with limited creativity.

I had a feeling he had some of this in his locker when looking and looking again- small sample size yes- at his assists for the season pre-Saturday. My one reservation personally speaking about Eliasson was would be be touchline hugging, old school winger only- far from it! One of the first names on the teamsheet now he's backed up and reconfirmed his ability to go wide and come inside. Has great potential for fluidity and interchanging moving forward.

Archived