IGNORED

Hillsborough / Duckenfield verdict...

WhistleHappy

Feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

Duckenfield’s gross negligence is bad, but more vile and disgusting has always been Bettison, Ingham and Thatchers cover up, lies and deceit in blaming fans like you and I for so long.

They all knew.

It could have been any set of fans.

Sad, sad day.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

EKeOQFzWwAAOydm.jpg

Sad, sad case for all concerned.

Its understandable why the families of the victims what a scapegoat and as police commander on the day the butt stops with him but there were other pre match factors that influenced the tragedy outside of Hillsborough. 

No safety certificate for example. I wonder what happened to the stadium manager? 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Its understandable why the families of the victims what a scapegoat and as police commander on the day the butt stops with him but there were other pre match factors that influenced the tragedy outside of Hillsborough. 

No safety certificate for example. I wonder what happened to the stadium manager? 

I don’t think they want a ‘scapegoat.’ They want the people that illegally killed their children/father/mother/brothers/sisters to be held responsible. Without commenting on this individual it is utterly appalling that has not happened yet.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He's already been tried - fine

Sheffield council allowed a big event at a stadium with no safety cert

Lessons wern't heeded from t h e previous semi final crowd crush

Not enough turnstiles

Fans arriving late after problems on m62

Inadequate a stewarding filling the 4 pens sequentially.

Several causes and unfair to blame just one person .........the police sergeant on the ground screamed over the radio to open the gates or else people would die, Was DD supposed to say " No let a few die while I do a risk assessment" ?

He bears some - but not all -responsibilities

• Admin

Taken from tonight's Liverpool Echo

Hillsborough tragedy: Why you still need to be careful online

A trial focused on the aftermath of the disaster is scheduled to take place next year

The trial of Hillsborough match commander David Duckenfield concluded today, with the 75-year-old found not guilty of the manslaughter of Liverpool supporters killed in the disaster.

The result will understandably spark emotion and no doubt some of that will spill online.

And with this case now over, there are no jurors who could be influenced by anything they read or hear.

This means there is more freedom to make comments specifically related to the former chief superintendent and his seven week trial.

Yet you must still take care if you want to express your thoughts more generally on social media.

This is because a separate trial is due to begin in April.

Three suspects face allegations linked to what happened in the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster. 

So if you are commenting after today’s verdicts it is best to stick to what happened before April 15, 1989 and on the day of the tragedy - the topics which fell under scrutiny in the trial and retrial of Duckenfield this year.

Those due to appear in court next year include the former Chief Superintendent Donald Denton and ex-Detective Chief Inspector Alan Foster.

Both worked for South Yorkshire Police and are charged with perverting the course of public justice.

The allegations are linked to changes made to witness statements following the disaster.

Peter Metcalf, the solicitor who acted for South Yorkshire Police during the Taylor Inquiry and the first inquests into the disaster, faces the same accusation.

Each indicated they would not plead not guilty when they appeared at Warrington Magistrates’ Court in August 2018.

This means a jury will be selected to hear their trial at Preston Crown Court.

It also means care should still be taken when commenting online and nothing should be published that could cause a substantial risk of seriously prejudicing that case.

That essentially means nothing should be posted that could influence anyone who may end up on the jury.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Got a fine I think.

Out of all tragedy's i have seen in my lifetime this has affected me the most, i remember watching it unfold with my Dad not really understanding how this could of happened.

65 million spent on criminal investigation, 30 years on and still no convictions, how the effin hell is that possible.

Really saddened by this and even more saddened to think what the families of deceased are going through and have been through over the last 30 years.

jft96

• Admin
4 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

It’s the ‘gross’ bit of ‘gross negligence’ that is often a substantial hurdle. 

Is that because no one went to work that day intending to cause such a tragedy?  It was, as many tragedies are, a chain of events and circumstances, putting all of, or even the majority of the blame on one person is probably not right.

Such an avoidable tragedy.

Whether you agree with the jury or not, numerous cases have been filed with results ranging from not guilty to potential negligence, and there is still no individual culpable. Which is unsurprising given the scale of what happened.

No closure whatsoever for those immediately impacted, but equally limited closure for those who might have been in a position of influence over what happened that day.

No idea where either side go next.

I hope the families of those who perished are able to find a route to closure, whatever that route should be.

It is still desperately sad after all this time.

27 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Is that because no one went to work that day intending to cause such a tragedy?  It was, as many tragedies are, a chain of events and circumstances, putting all of, or even the majority of the blame on one person is probably not right.

Agreed. Times were different back then too. Health & safety wasn’t much considered like it is today and sadly events like that helped to shape the future we have now. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, TomF said:

No justice you’re still in business, you absolute scum rag.

BC255BEE-157C-45E1-9F57-2E4AA72DB39B.jpeg

Not many things REALLY annoy me in life, but this is right up there !!!

I know the editor etc etc have all changed since those original horrific headlines but that paper will never be forgiven for the lies it printed

Archived