IGNORED

Unai Emery

Super

Just now, RedDave said:

Two teams??! 

I have supported City home and away for 40 years, going all over the country.  But my job took me to London for a while, during the peak of Bergkamp and Henri.  So I used to watch Arsenal, unless City were playing away in London on the same day, as they always took priority.  So I have a soft spot for Arsenal and they will always be my second team.  I think most fans have a second team, for one reason or another?  When I say i was offended, it is more about the ridiculous generalisation than anything else.

2 hours ago, Meh said:

About time - what a clueless cockwomble 

It hasn't worked out for him at Arsenal but he was seen as a good appointment at the time. A manager to took Valencia to 3rd in La Liga 3 years running, did the league and Cup double 2 years running in France, and won 3 consecutive Europa leagues is hardly a clueless cockwomble. 

17 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I have supported City home and away for 40 years, going all over the country.  But my job took me to London for a while, during the peak of Bergkamp and Henri.  So I used to watch Arsenal, unless City were playing away in London on the same day, as they always took priority.  So I have a soft spot for Arsenal and they will always be my second team.  I think most fans have a second team, for one reason or another?  When I say i was offended, it is more about the ridiculous generalisation than anything else.

We all generalise about fans to be fair, well most do.  Arsenal fans do seem to be one of the worst. Arsenal TV does them no favours though. 

27 minutes ago, RedDave said:

We all generalise about fans to be fair, well most do.  Arsenal fans do seem to be one of the worst. Arsenal TV does them no favours though. 

I still don't get the "Worst Fans" sobriquet..........What is it about them that makes them one of the worst?      Fickleness , Serial moaning ,Too Quiet,Too Disloyal, Unappreciative, Racist,  Arrogant.........Please enlighten me?  ?

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It hasn't worked out for him at Arsenal but he was seen as a good appointment at the time. A manager to took Valencia to 3rd in La Liga 3 years running, did the league and Cup double 2 years running in France, and won 3 consecutive Europa leagues is hardly a clueless cockwomble. 

Indeed.

Some managers like some players just don't suit a given League or type of football. Perhaps a factor here!

Doubtless the Spanish equivalent of @Meh will say much the same about Moyes...his stint in Sociedad- that went well! :yes:

29 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I still don't get the "Worst Fans" sobriquet..........What is it about them that makes them one of the worst?      Fickleness , Serial moaning ,Too Quiet,Too Disloyal, Unappreciative, Racist,  Arrogant.........Please enlighten me?  ?

Constantly moaning, booing their own players, booing constantly really. There seems to be a lot of anger and a lot of fans seem to think they have a right to be in the champions league.  

20 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

reaping what they sow - the fans hounded out Wenger (although my view was he stayed in situ at least a couple of years too long anyway), and this is the result. Seeing Spurs overtaking them somewhat must grate as well.  I wonder if we’ll see Everton and West Ham follow suit.

Surely SIlva must be next. Most overrated manager around.

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Constantly moaning, booing their own players, booing constantly really. There seems to be a lot of anger and a lot of fans seem to think they have a right to be in the champions league.  

If your side had the worst record for 27 years you just might consider protesting?    They know its a compettitve league, but they have NOT been competing. I don't blame them for being frusrated.......have you seen the price of tickets at the Emirates?   I think you are exaggerating to make your point more credible, I was at the Emirates 6 weeks ago, and they were not constantly booing, and its just silly to say they were.  Anyway I am not gonna spend my time defending Arsenal.......any type of defending at the Emirates would be a novelty!!?   The fans there are no worse or better than the majority of Prem Grounds..so i intend to leave it there..........and concentrate on hoping  LJ plays Eliasson from the start on Saturday!!

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Didn’t you once write that you are the most modest person who ever lived ? 

No.........The exact quote was.... "I am,  without fear of contradiction. the Universe"s most humble and modest genius"   Thankyou for caring Major.

Archived