IGNORED

Unai Emery

Super

4 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Freddie Ljungberg has been appointed as caretaker. 

He's going to have his work cut out. They must have something like 500 toilet cubicles in that stadium - I don't think that he's going to have enough time to do the floors properly as well.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Constantly moaning, booing their own players, booing constantly really. There seems to be a lot of anger and a lot of fans seem to think they have a right to be in the champions league.  

@maxjak what he said

I think it’s fair to generalise. I don’t know all Arsenal fans personally. My impression is that they’re the worst. Thankfully we’re all City fans on here.

• Admin
3 hours ago, maxjak said:

I have supported City home and away for 40 years, going all over the country.  But my job took me to London for a while, during the peak of Bergkamp and Henri.  So I used to watch Arsenal, unless City were playing away in London on the same day, as they always took priority.  So I have a soft spot for Arsenal and they will always be my second team.  I think most fans have a second team, for one reason or another?  When I say i was offended, it is more about the ridiculous generalisation than anything else.

Second team..... no, just not right.  

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Their next 2 games are Leicester and Liverpool, both away from home. If he's still in charge after that I'll be surprised. 

Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal after. Maybe they don't want they new man coming in for those games.

35 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Second team..... no, just not right.  

Why Not ??  I moved oop north when the old man moved with his job in 1964 and went to Hillsborough and started watching the Owls, away travel in those days was not as easy as today !!  City are always my first team and always will be but you still dont forget the team you watched in your teens, its why a lot of people who come to Bristol University or UWE end up as having City as a second team. I sit with a friend in the SS who like me has the Owls as a second team due to living up there in the 60's and 70's. At least we support City as a first team rather than the kids you see locally in Manure , Chelski shirts, etc. Its called the world dont end on Bemmie Down !!

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It is a possible spanner in the works if the new man wishes to throw EN into the first team squad to see how he fares .

Let’s hope it’s someone who doesn’t rate him and has a secret love of Bristol City.

:fingerscrossed:

Arsenal have probably one of the best attacks in the league. Cant see Eddie getting in ahead of Auba and Laca. 

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Arsenal have probably one of the best attacks in the league. Cant see Eddie getting in ahead of Auba and Laca. 

I wrote first team ‘ squad ‘ because I am aware of the two exceptional forwards in place but EN could be used as a regular sub or start if either of the other two get injured.

I hope we can get the lad here but won’t believe it  until he’s safely signed on.

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

@maxjak what he said

I think it’s fair to generalise. I don’t know all Arsenal fans personally. My impression is that they’re the worst. Thankfully we’re all City fans on here.

What an equitable and open minded view?...Non Prejudicail Outlooks like this can only make the world a better place?

It was always going to be hard to takeover from wenger not because in his golden era he was so great but because Wenger was old school and liked to manage everything from the academy to the transfers , then even a lot of board level stuff too until near the end i heard. 

His appointment reminds me of Sarri at Chelsea , has done well at other jobs but either style not worked out in england or stuff within the club( board level)  that they never had a chance.

17 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

I thought they missed a trick when they appointed him and not Eddy Howe. 

I wonder how long before they sack Solskjaer.. 

Did Eddie a favour , i personally see the problem being higher up maybe I'm wrong and Emry wasn't the right fit but I think the Arsenal job might be a poisoned chalice for a while yet. 

On 29/11/2019 at 11:02, maxjak said:

Thank God....he reminded of a character from a Spanish Version of Allo Allo.   Maybe Arsenal can now go back to being a force again in the Premiership?  After City they have always been my favourite team...........so this is Great News!!

My excuse for having Arsenal as my 2nd team is that my Grandfather made the first corner flags from his drapery store on Gillespie Road when they moved to North London. The whole family followed them after that until the migration to Cornwall during the Blitz.

21 hours ago, RedDave said:

Constantly moaning, booing their own players, booing constantly really. There seems to be a lot of anger and a lot of fans seem to think they have a right to be in the champions league.  

A level of disgruntlement is pretty justified and certainly forgivable given the way the club has been mismanaged for the past 10 years and the cost of watching them. Man U in the same situation but a bit further down the tracks.

Archived