IGNORED

Engaging with the Fans / Insights List (Merged)

Bristol Rob

• Admin
2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

A very long read, and clearly a lot of research has gone into this paper, but  I'm not honestly sure what they are trying to achieve, they almost seem like another level about the SLO at a club

Bristol City are pretty much middle of the road on scores, but @Matt Parsons  did get a mention as one of the clubs with a "Twitter channel"

Kevin Rye who formerly worked with Supporters Direct, and is now a Consultant for Fan Engagement, has pubished a Fan Engagement Index, which lists all the clubs in the Four Divisions.  It is all about Clubs dialogue and relationship with their supporters.  Giving points out to clubs for their communication and transparency skills whilst dealing with the most important aspect of every professional football team.  Out of 92........Exeter are top and Swindon are bottom!  Reading at 8 are the top Championshio side.  Have to say I am not enormously impressed at City's efforts, it's better than it was, but seems low as a priority issue?  It's obviously not definitive, but is hopefully an accurate indicator..........we are at Number 36.........Gas at 83.

I think most will say City management could do better. However, I can remember a time when there was next to no real fan engagement. I think modern fans, paying much higher prices for seats, rightly demand more of a say in their club.

My main gripe about the new, corporate City is it's very difficult to get hold of them if you have a query or want to contact them about anything. Send an email and you get an auto-reply saying they aim to respond "in 3 business days"; phone and it just rings and rings without answer. No office to go to about most queries either. It's like trying to contact most of the utilities these days. They actively discourage any contact other than the silent transfer of money from your pocket int their account.

Archived