IGNORED

Team for tomorrow

Will b11

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Genuinely can’t remember us playing 433 last season but may well be wrong. 
I dont believe fam has the movement to play up top on his own, he doesn’t move defenders about enough,  but if we can get  players closer to play off him then 433 might work with wiemann and Eliasson energy . Worth a try 

I don’t think we’ve played a pure 433 under LJ.  Stoke last season 2nd half was a mix of systems, and possibly more 4141, with Pack allowing Walsh and Brownhill to get closer to Fam, so would be interesting to see a true 433.  I partly think teams have sussed our 532 out too.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

@steviestevieneville you know I’m not one who is over fussed by formations, and I think it is more about the players, e.g. we were no better second half 442 than we were 1st half with 5311 on Wednesday.

What injuries has done is restrict certain players from starting, e.g. Eliasson doesn’t for 532/5212, Palmer doesn’t fit 442, etc, and I guess a back 5 means only 5 midfield / forwards, etc.  The squad has looked a bit unbalanced.

I’m starting to see the light of a 433.  I think it gives us variation without imbalance and rotation too.

Injury doubts make tomorrow’s team selection tough, but something along the lines of (not saying this will be the team):

Bentley

Pereira | Moore | Williams | Rowe 

Brownhill | Nagy | Massengo

Watkins | Diedhiou | Eliasson

There could rightly be some chuckles that I’ve put Watkins in, but there is some thought behind it.  He does like to attack the back stick, and would give us a good option at the far post for Eliasson’s cross and is happy on either flank.

The defence really is interchangeable with Hunt, Kalas, Baker and Dasilva. (A first choice back 4 in its own right)

The midfield 3 is supplemented by Smith and O’Dowda.

The frontline by Palmer, Szmodics, Semenyo and Weimann, etc

All without having to change the system.  Players picked on merit, fatigue, not because of system.

Very good point on Watkins , Dave . He could well suit that wide forward role. As I posted earlier, I think 433 would suit the whole squad . Agree it’s more about the players but as you well know 442 just gets overrun in midfield and I’d personally like to see Brownhill , Nagy and massengo together. 
you can also play smith, Rowe,  defensive midfield (when jay’s back ) O’dowda attacking from the 3 plus plenty of permutations either side of a main striker.

right that’s that sorted, now we just need to get that arsenal lad back from Leeds and sign Bowen from hull for £20m ? 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Very good point on Watkins , Dave . He could well suit that wide forward role. As I posted earlier, I think 433 would suit the whole squad . Agree it’s more about the players but as you well know 442 just gets overrun in midfield and I’d personally like to see Brownhill , Nagy and massengo together. 
you can also play smith, Rowe,  defensive midfield (when jay’s back ) O’dowda attacking from the 3 plus plenty of permutations either side of a main striker.

right that’s that sorted, now we just need to get that arsenal lad back from Leeds and sign Bowen from hull for £20m ? 

Don’t forget your bendy Bully’s

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think we’ve played a pure 433 under LJ.  Stoke last season 2nd half was a mix of systems, and possibly more 4141, with Pack allowing Walsh and Brownhill to get closer to Fam, so would be interesting to see a true 433.  I partly think teams have sussed our 532 out too.

Slightly off topic but as we’re talking multiple systems , it was interesting listening to ex Arsenal players talking about  Emery today. Saying how he switched from 3 at the back to 4 at the back 47 times since he’s been in charge and kept confusing the players , that inevitably they lost faith in him. Sound familiar ? Not that I’m suggesting LJ has lost the players at all.  

4 hours ago, daored said:

4-2-3-1

Bentley

Pereira Baker Williams Rowe

Nagy Massengo

Semenyo.  Brownhill   Eliasson

Didehiou

Get Brownhill as an attacking midfielder supporting Dodehiou, Eliasson playing wide and Semenyo big opportunity  

Weiman instead of Semenyo. Good team. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I don’t think O’Dowda will play. He went off injured on Weds and when did he ever return quickly. He doesn’t get little knocks

I think LJ said deadleg, so depending on severity he could make it. Whether he deserves a game is a whole different story.

Quite like our side today. Although would rather have Moore than Baker. Hoping Weimann is wide and Diedhiou up top on his own as that means Eliasson more freedom as the other winger with 3 central midfielders covering.

On 29/11/2019 at 20:52, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

If Kalas and Moore is out, it must be like this, 4-3-2-1

.....................Bentley.........................

........Hunt, Williams, Baker, Row........

....Massengo, Nagy(or Smith), Brownhill...

Weimann............................. ........,.Eliasson

......................Famara.........................

Hm......100%..

Archived