IGNORED

rougly 20 years ago

Oh Louie louie

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My first full season and before that half season.

1998/99 half season, first game the 6-1 v Benny- Pulis followed by his early January departure to be replaced by the "Three wise men" as caretaker managers the first full season...some start!

And to think people complain about the entertainment value now...

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Bo anderson, julian watts, peter beadle, john burns, clements whatever his name was, david howells, carl hutchings, steve torpey, damien spencer.

We think we are doing bad now, i know i might be a year out with some, but remeber what we had.

Im sure ive forgot a few world beaters from that era.

David Howell would walk in our-side now . We had him at the end of his career and he was still head n shoulders above everyone else 

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Benny's first 5 games were full of goals though, OTOH!

0-5, 1-6, 1-1, 1-2, 2-4.

23 in 5! ? Granted, quite the disastrous start...

What I loved about Benny was the way he would throw his hat onto the floor when something w we not wrong, which was often. 

5 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Bo anderson, julian watts, peter beadle, john burns, clements whatever his name was, david howells, carl hutchings, steve torpey, damien spencer.

How to make a man feel old in one sentence.... and I'm only 34!

12 minutes ago, PhilC said:

How to make a man feel old in one sentence!

Ask, "Lets do that again",  a week after you did it the last time, but he's worried he might not be able to manage it again so soon. 

How to make a man feel really old in one sentence.

Ask "lets do that again" a couple of minutes after finishing the previous time,  but he can't remember what it was you did and that you've asked him  to do again!

:) 

17 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Ask, "Lets do that again",  a week after you did it the last time, but he's worried he might not be able to manage it again so soon. 

How to make a man feel really old in one sentence.

Ask "lets do that again" a couple of minutes after finishing the previous time,  but he can't remember what it was you did and that you've asked him  to do again!

:) 

can you repeat that please. I forgot what you said

7 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

We think we are doing bad now, i know i might be a year out with some, but remeber what we had.

Im sure ive forgot a few world beaters from that era.

It’s roughly 40 years ago when we had the likes of Merrick,Gow and that ilk.Some people think we are doing good now 

5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

What I loved about Benny was the way he would throw his hat onto the floor when something w we not wrong, which was often. 

Yes quite right, remember those well, but when he won a game he celebrated and threw his cap into the crowd.  The lesser spotted authenticated Benny "winning caps" fetch a premium price at Sotheby's these days, look out for Dickinson's Real Deal or the Antiques Road Show.....or maybe your local car boot sale?

That lovely sunny day against birmingham.

This is how i recall it.

Howells got robbed on the half way line then fell over and feigned injury.

When he ran off the pitch that day after making a great recovery, he got slaughtered by the williams.

The whole of the stand was giving to him trust me on that.

He left town the next day.

20 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

David howells was crap for us cost us the birmingham game, then disapeared.

Would that be the Birmingham home game? 

As I recall,  they got an incredibly fortunate by which I mean plain wrong (what's new) penalty! Akinbyi had a goal disallowed too, no real idea of that was a correct call or not,  the Akinbyi disallowed goal.

59 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would that be the Birmingham home game? 

As I recall,  they got an incredibly fortunate by which I mean plain wrong (what's new) penalty! Akinbyi had a goal disallowed too, no real idea of that was a correct call or not,  the Akinbyi disallowed goal.

The penalty was a blatant dive by Peter Ndlovu, or Cheater Ndlovu as he was known from that day on.

Think that was the game where Trevor Francis slapped one of our stewards in the tunnel as well.

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The penalty was a blatant dive by Peter Ndlovu, or Cheater Ndlovu as he was known from that day on.

Think that was the game where Trevor Francis slapped one of our stewards in the tunnel as well.

Coming back to me now- the Francis fight in the tunnel, how could I forget!

Harsh to blame Howells for that loss- it was largely the officials for me.

Archived