IGNORED

Is this one of LJs bad runs

Unan

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

You might want to rewrite this you know

Is this one of Lee Johnsons poor runs, but rather than losing 8 in a row, we are now drawing games, meaning he is improving as a manager.

Is this as bad as it's going to get or will it get worse?

3 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Is this one of Lee Johnsons poor runs, but rather than losing 8 in a row, we are now drawing games. (Is this as bad as it's going to get or will it get worse)

When we come out of the bad run & come in to one of his good runs, we will win a hell of a lot.

Ok. I suppose the real answer is who knows? But I have a nasty feeling that we are going to go on a bit of a bad run that could drag on.

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Ok. I suppose the real answer is who knows? But i have a nasty feeling that we are going to go on a bit of a bad run.

I feel like the only way is up - apologies when we lose 4-0 to Huddersfield.

Johnson doesn't seem to do average patches, it's either really good or really bad.

I hope this is our new version of 'really bad'.

5 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Johnson doesn't seem to do average patches, it's either really good or really bad.

or down, if you can't score more than about 1 goal a game and at the same time your defence seems to have forgotten how to defend (in fairness, the whole team)

Look, I pray i am wrong but it's how i feel watching them recently.

Huddersfield have improved since Danny Cowley took over as manager and have only lost once in the last ten matches. They usually don’t score many so I imagine they will play a tight defensive game tomorrow and try to score on a counter attack. I’m not expecting much from tomorrow, or Fulham, but I hope I’m wrong 

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

But 8 losses, 2 draws has turned in to 2 wins, 6 draws, 2 losses..... 

I definitely see your point with this , we are now more difficult to beat and more than capable of nicking a late win (Charlton), riding our luck a bit but managing the game brilliantly after scoring (Cardiff), but I think our most disappointing result (not necessarily performance) in those eight was squandering of a 2 goal lead at Barnsley.

Going off on a bit of a tangent, but still relevant to the odd sort of runs LJ has developed, is the comparison of that 8 match losing run where we lost every single game IIRC by 1 goal which is a weird stat, as you would assume that a team incapable of securing a single point over 8 games  would have suffered 2 or 3 games where we would have been trounced and yet that did not happen in that run (The Preston away 5-0 was after that 8 game losing run).  A new LJ thing that seems to have emerged this season is that the 3 defeats have all been thrashings, 1-3 Leeds,  3-0 at Luton and now 4-1 at WBA and in each defeat (despite the fact that we were still in the game at West Brom following Fammy's goal with 10 minutes to go, before further capitulation!) we have been well and truly beaten performance-wise as well as result-wise.  Not sure if this says anything about the squad, and I am generally happy with our results given the scale of injuries.  

The cliché always used to be, when a team can't seem to buy a win, is that you would happily take a scruffy 1-0,  conversely I am now hoping that our next defeat (hopefully some time away) is a closely contested 0-1or 1-2,  rather than a 3 or 4 goal dicking!

1 minute ago, New Dazzler said:

I definitely see your point with this , we are now more difficult to beat and more than capable of nicking a late win (Charlton), riding our luck a bit but managing the game brilliantly after scoring (Cardiff), but I think our most disappointing result (not necessarily performance) in those eight was squandering of a 2 goal lead at Barnsley.

Going off on a bit of a tangent, but still relevant to the odd sort of runs LJ has developed, is the comparison of that 8 match losing run where we lost every single game IIRC by 1 goal which is a weird stat, as you would assume that a team incapable of securing a single point  would have suffered 2 or 3 games where we would have been trounced and yet that did not happen in that run (The Preston away 5-0 was after that 8 game losing run).  A new LJ thing that seems to have emerged this season is that the 3 defeats have all been thrashings 1-3 Leeds,  3-0 at Luton and now 4-1 at WBA and in each defeat (despite the fact that we were still in the game following Fammy's goal with 10 minutes to go, before further capitulation!) we have been well and truly beaten performance-wise as well as result-wise.  Not sure if this says anything about the squad, and I am generally happy with our results given the scale of injuries.  

The cliché always used to be, when a team can't seem to buy a win, is that you would happily take a scruffy 1-0,  conversely I am now hoping that our next defeat (hopefully some time away) is a closely contested 0-1or 1-2,  rather than a 3 or 4 goal dicking!

Just had a look, indeed we seldom got thrashed that season up to Preston away!

I remember at the time, looking up XG- a stat/metric of debatable worth, but it did suggest that underlying performances were perhaps not as bad as results- hence the string of low losses perhaps.

1 hour ago, New Dazzler said:

Going off on a bit of a tangent, but still relevant to the odd sort of runs LJ has developed, is the comparison of that 8 match losing run where we lost every single game IIRC by 1 goal which is a weird stat, as you would assume that a team incapable of securing a single point over 8 games  would have suffered 2 or 3 games where we would have been trounced and yet that did not happen in that run (The Preston away 5-0 was after that 8 game losing run).  A new LJ thing that seems to have emerged this season is that the 3 defeats have all been thrashings, 1-3 Leeds,  3-0 at Luton and now 4-1 at WBA and in each defeat (despite the fact that we were still in the game at West Brom following Fammy's goal with 10 minutes to go, before further capitulation!) we have been well and truly beaten performance-wise as well as result-wise.  Not sure if this says anything about the squad, and I am generally happy with our results given the scale of injuries.  

Yes and also, 2 of these games were against top teams. The league is so tough that on any given day someone might get a hiding.

We need to play attacking football from the off, both sides of Manchester feared us not so long ago! so no throws back toward goal from an attacking position or midfield looking to go anywhere rather than forward, at the moment it’s left-right-back and losing the ball!  If we play well and still drop points it won’t be as bad as the crap we are seeing at the moment!

Even Mickey Mouse would have a chance of scoring with a few balls fed into the box, last time out there was Zero going into the box until Eliason came on!

Stop the piss poor selection, tactics and planning or we will be spending the rest of the season hearing excuses for the opportunity wasted when we end up not even in the playoffs - LJ needs to feel the pressure!

2 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

The only way is up and down simultaneously; we won't know which until we observe it*

*The quantum physics explanation

I think Eliasson has more than earnt his chance and even on an off day at the very least offers amazing delivery from set pieces and corners. However I think it's important to note how easily WBA adapted and nullified his threat within 10-15 mins or so. Not going to be the answer on his own. 

13 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

7th.

There's 7th, and there's 7th...

There's 7th where you're on the up, playing well and expecting to climb higher.

And there's 7th where you're on a downward trajectory, out of sorts, anxious about slipping further from the play offs.

I think we know which one we fit into at the moment. But beat Huddersfield and come away from Fulham in tact and the picture is more rosy.

Worst case, we lose both, likely 7th will become 9th, one win in 7, and worries that 9th could become 11th... we don't want that.

Archived