IGNORED

Harsh or fair?

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

All those mugshots were football fans.

One of the gentlemen from knowle west is very well known in south bristol.

So those rovers rans all just walked up park street and attacked a random bar in broad daylight for no reason.

Can you tell me which ones out the 13 convictions werent football fans?

You said it was pre-arranged, it wasn't.

I also know the KW lads (including the ones that didn't get arrested) but I don't really want to get in a debate about it to be honest

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting point

Obviously @JulieH can't comment on specific people, but is there any reason why supporters of different sports are clearly treated differently when it comes to sentencing?

The worst trouble inside the ground in well over 20-30yrs but no big news story, if it had been football,  jesus the evil post and the a&s police media mouthpiece would have gone into meltdown.

I alongwith with others were the oic for this case and were present throughout the sentencing last week .

13 defendants pleaded guilty to affray 

prosecution were able to provide evidence alongside the affray evidence that this was a football related disorder between Bristol rovers fans and a group who they believed to be Bristol city fans. The judge ruled in favour and therefore also issued football banning orders to those he felt was necessary to prevent further disorder at or in connection with a football match.  He also issued a lengthy judgement on that decision 

It’s  a very formal reply at this stage as we are obviously still awaiting any appeal from any of the defendants against sentencing . 

we did not present it as a pre arranged disorder and there was no evidence to suggest that was the case 

• Admin
14 hours ago, JulieH said:

I alongwith with others were the oic for this case and were present throughout the sentencing last week .

13 defendants pleaded guilty to affray 

prosecution were able to provide evidence alongside the affray evidence that this was a football related disorder between Bristol rovers fans and a group who they believed to be Bristol city fans. The judge ruled in favour and therefore also issued football banning orders to those he felt was necessary to prevent further disorder at or in connection with a football match.  He also issued a lengthy judgement on that decision 

It’s  a very formal reply at this stage as we are obviously still awaiting any appeal from any of the defendants against sentencing . 

we did not present it as a pre arranged disorder and there was no evidence to suggest that was the case 

@JulieH Thank you for the reply, but what is OIC?

3 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Managed to get the full story last night, as I suspected it certainly wasn't pre-planned and not even football related despite the police's best efforts to say it was

However the judge saw and heard all the evidence and decided otherwise 

2 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Which makes it even worse, you know full well the so called 'City fans' had no interest in football despite your best efforts to find otherwise

The prosecution provided no application for a football banning order on the “ so called city fans”. 

the prosecution case was that the rovers fans believed them to be city fans, evidenced by chanting and language used by the rovers group . 

Archived