IGNORED

Nagy and Massengo

MC RISK77

2 hours ago, City Ben said:

So how do we fit them all in? Whilst also addressing our leaky defence. 

I see HNM and JB as more box-to-box than Ngy, who excels when he's sitting in front of defence breaking stuff up and spreading play. So how about the following?

DB

AW               TM               TK

PP                        Nagy                        JD

Brownhill              Massengo

AW                    FD

I think that would give us tremendous fluidity up front, whilst still having width with the wingbacks. Plus Brownhill can drift wide. (I realize that this leaves out Eliasson - as I say, how do we fit them all in?!)

Did England play this sort of 3-3-2-2 at the last World Cup?

Yes England did. I personally don't like the formation. I guess Jay Dasilva may add a lot more to it, but for me we end up with 5 at the back too often.

It is a counter attacking system, from what I have seen of any team using it successfully.

England used it and lost against every difficult opponent they came up against - Belgium twice and Croatia. It was not really a success for them as surely any formation should beat teams like Panama.

For me we have to stick with a 4231 kind of system from now on. We have to play Eliasson, as he's one of our best players.

I expect Korey to be rotated a bit with Nagy and Massengo. Brownhill can stay wide right, and be moved centrally if needed.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Morrell and Walsh return. Both doing very well in league one. 

5 hours ago, City Ben said:

So how do we fit them all in? Whilst also addressing our leaky defence. 

I see HNM and JB as more box-to-box than Ngy, who excels when he's sitting in front of defence breaking stuff up and spreading play. So how about the following?

DB

AW               TM               TK

PP                        Nagy                        JD

Brownhill              Massengo

AW                    FD

I think that would give us tremendous fluidity up front, whilst still having width with the wingbacks. Plus Brownhill can drift wide. (I realize that this leaves out Eliasson - as I say, how do we fit them all in?!)

Did England play this sort of 3-3-2-2 at the last World Cup?

Jack Hunt over Pereira. 

6 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Jack Hunt over Pereira. 

That is going to be a dilemma for a lot of us I think. I`m a massive Pereira fan so would have him in every time but Jack`s performance yesterday was out of this world. I think it might come down to whether we think we`ll be defending a lot or not - Pedro is the better defender but Jack much better going forward.

Nice problem to have though.

10 hours ago, Swede said:

It's a strange thing but almost by default LJ has arrived at his best midfield combination and that is Natch and Massengo in the middle and Brownhill out wide.

As good a player as Brownhill undoubtedly is our Hungarian cider maestro and French wonderkid are a level above and barring fatigue should be the way forward from now on.

I know they tired today but they will only get better and with Korey gradually getting match fit we should expect to see a marked improvement in the middle.

I actually think we get the best out of Josh in that position.

Long may it continue.

For me Brownhill is every bit as good as HNM and Nagy centrally but having him on the right hand side makes the team better and provides a real balance to our play that nobody else can provide.

5 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

For me Brownhill is every bit as good as HNM and Nagy centrally but having him on the right hand side makes the team better and provides a real balance to our play that nobody else can provide.

No he isn't, he gives the ball away too cheaply at times and that can lead to goals when he is in defensive CM, e.g. WBA first goal. 

Nagy & Massengo should be automatic picks in CM, with Josh on RHS and Korey on the bench available to replace anybody tiring.

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I expect Korey to be rotated a bit with Nagy and Massengo. Brownhill can stay wide right, and be moved centrally if needed.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Morrell and Walsh return. Both doing very well in league one. 

No way should Korey be starting over any of those 3.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

No he isn't, he gives the ball away too cheaply at times and that can lead to goals when he is in defensive CM, e.g. WBA first goal. 

Nagy & Massengo should be automatic picks in CM, with Josh on RHS and Korey on the bench available to replace anybody tiring.

No way should Korey be starting over any of those 3.

We will have to agree to disagree on this , all three have strengths and weaknesses but agree that the three of them should all be starting for the time being.

12 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

His awareness is unreal. His ability to break a press with a body feint or dummy is ridiculous. 

Nagy gets a mention too because it seems like his touches in tight space gets him 2-3 yards of space somehow. Has the ability to know where to guide the ball on the touch and today no one got close to him. 

They both have to start every week if fit.

I agree that Han Noah will be gone in the summer if we don’t go up and that could be the case with Nagy too.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That is going to be a dilemma for a lot of us I think. I`m a massive Pereira fan so would have him in every time but Jack`s performance yesterday was out of this world. I think it might come down to whether we think we`ll be defending a lot or not - Pedro is the better defender but Jack much better going forward.

Nice problem to have though.

The modern full back has the most demanding role in the team with the ground they’re expected to cover .

I don’t think rotating the two of them would cause too many problems to either player or team.

I agree that Hunt was excellent yesterday. He has often been at that level when not coming back after an injury.

You will find many posters , who don’t understand the game , writing off the guy on OTIB .

I think the thing about reading this thread shows how much potential this squad has. We can rotate and rest players without weakening the side. There were no weak links yesterday although that wasn't what many would call our  first choice eleven. I think its imperative we keep Naggy and Massengo next term whether we go up or not. They would be irreplaceable even with 40 mil in the bank. The squad is getting stronger and we need to tweek it if necessary in the future, not rebuild again. Great times ahead if we build around our best players not sale them.

2 hours ago, marmite said:

I think the thing about reading this thread shows how much potential this squad has. We can rotate and rest players without weakening the side. There were no weak links yesterday although that wasn't what many would call our  first choice eleven. I think its imperative we keep Naggy and Massengo next term whether we go up or not. They would be irreplaceable even with 40 mil in the bank. The squad is getting stronger and we need to tweek it if necessary in the future, not rebuild again. Great times ahead if we build around our best players not sale them.

Firstly, injuries haven’t helped, but I wonder yesterday whether a 4231 was LJ going back to his intended system pre-season.  There is enough flexibility in that system to accommodate all of our players.

The 532 excluded Eliason, the 442 excluded Kasey.

I don’t think there’s anyone in our squad per se that couldn’t find a place in 4231, even if it morphs Into 433/4141 throughout the course of a game.  Even some of those on the fringes at the mo’.

Easier to recruit to also.

Good thread! It seems to me that we have to find away of having nagy Massengo brownhill and eliasson all playing, weimann in most situations is going to play, and at this point Diédhiou is the focal point. 

With hopefully kalas and dasilva to come back, thats a pretty strong championship spine.... there maybe times when the west brom performance happens, but generally we are hard to beat.

assuming dasilva comes in and is quickly on top of his game then in my view while diedhou and weimann are good championship players, then they could be improved upon in theory. And the same applies to the right back position.... perrera looks strong defensively which isnt really hunts strong point,,, perhaps a real top end right back could be an upgrade on both?

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Feast yourself:

That was beautiful! What a pair of players we have here. It`s just so slick and they are so on each other`s wavelength. I`m glad it showed the incident where Adam went down on the edge of the box and still managed to get a pass away from lying on the floor. That one had me out of my seat at the time.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Feast yourself:

Both are very intelligent players and the simplicity of their play hides their technical attributes.

The way both have their body positioned in exactly the right way to receive a pass gives them so much space to get their own pass away or move away from the opponent. 

5 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

After months of impatiently waiting for Korey’s return, how on Earth does he get in the team now he’s fit?

He needs to force his way in, take his chance when injury, suspension, rest / rotation occurs.  Happy to see him get 15, 20, 25 minutes over the coming games to build up his sharpness.  There is no rush.

On 01/12/2019 at 10:47, old_eastender said:

I'm with @Dolman_Stand on this. Brownhill is currently a better player than HNM is, that is undeniable when you look at impact this season. HNM was giving the ball away 3-4 times a game in the matches before he was dropped, in much more dangerous areas too. Plus add into the equation that Brownhill offers more tackles and interceptions in the middle and has goals in his game.

Obviously as he is young he has gone away and worked on something with the coaches and taken it on like a duck to water, now it is great that he has done that and we can fit all three players in. 

Brownhill is currently a better player, but HNM has an immeasurably higher ceiling than Brownhill, and will undoubtably be the best player the club has likely ever seen with his current trajectory. 

Archived