IGNORED

Grant

daored

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bigger sell on percentage from Brentford too I think....which Exeter thought Brentford would achieve for them.

Not only that but very much a ‘relationship’ thing between Brentford & Exeter. There was a full trust that Ollie would be looked after much better. He was keen on London and Tisdale set him up with some work experience at Ted Baker in London to make sure the kid stayed grounded and Bees were all in favour and helped / encouraged this. 
They put in so much more ground work. We were just blasé about it all. As mentioned earlier, someone at the club was more keen to sign Cod instead - for their own personal reasons and went against ALL recommendations. 

By the way - it was also recommended at that time that if we were gonna take someone from Oxford that it ought to be Lundstrom. Whatever happened to him ? 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I know that we had him watched a few times when he was at Charlton. 
I believe he had a few ‘off field’ issues, which probably held us back from spending the sort of money that was gonna be required to get him. 

He was involved in something when he was about 16 I think.

Just now, DT The Optimist said:

Anyone is available if the price is right.  Their is always a point when silly money wins over common sense even if club initially are not of a mind to sell   SL and team will not pay silly money mind

Well yeah, this is true- but given the profits Huddersfield made in the PL and the parachute payments- they seem quite sensibly run, I suppose they don't need to accept for him and probably won't- how I should have phrased it- one of their better players certainly.

However yeah, in theory silly money could get him or anyone but I don't really see it with Grant in January.

28 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Playing knock out Ginger? Not handing in homework? Smoking behind the bike sheds?

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If it was drinking cider in the park trying to look cool .... I stand with him! 

He was arrested in Ibiza when he was 20.

I thought it was longer ago than it actually was.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough James - although I went to Ibiza around that age, and loads of Brits were being arrested for pretty much nothing ...

Wasn't saying I wouldn't have him.

I was actually suggesting him before his Huddersfield move, but just tried to expand on what was said about his off field issues.

4 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Rather go with Mitrovic and Watkins thanks 

Watkins could be Prem bound in the future. Mitrovic is one of those "not quite good enough for the Prem, too good for the Champ". I'd go for Marcus Gayle in a heartbeat though 

On 30/11/2019 at 17:54, daored said:

Appreciate Huddersfield were poor today, but think this guy should be a serious option for us in January. 

Took his goal well and was busy throughout the game. Maybe not got the build of Afobe but could be an option 

Think he’ll get a prem move personally. Would take him in a heartbeat though

Archived