IGNORED

Grant

daored

Just now, daored said:

Appreciate Huddersfield were poor today, but think this guy should be a serious option for us in January. 

Took his goal well and was busy throughout the game. Maybe not got the build of Afobe but could be an option 

Thought Huddersfield looked good today to be honest. We just looked even better.

He is a quality striker. I imagine wages may be a problem and transfer fee. Would like him for sure though.

His talent was so obvious at Charlton I was astonished a bigger Prem team didn't sign him when Huddersfield did. Wouldn't fancy our chances of getting him now.

Having said that, despite the focus being solely on signing a striker we have as many goals as Fulham, who have Mitrovic. Our problem is letting in too many goals.

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought Huddersfield looked good today to be honest. We just looked even better.

He is a quality striker. I imagine wages may be a problem and transfer fee. Would like him for sure though.

Really I thought they were awful besides a couple of attacks which you would expect from an ex premiership side . But I agree we were class 

35 minutes ago, daored said:

Appreciate Huddersfield were poor today, but think this guy should be a serious option for us in January. 

Took his goal well and was busy throughout the game. Maybe not got the build of Afobe but could be an option 

He was someone I wanted us to try and sign before he went to Huddersfield.

Going to be a lot more expensive to get him now.

36 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

At one point, I thought we would go on to score a few more than we did.

I don’t think they looked that good at all.

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Dream on guys and gals. Dream on. 

When he leaves them it will be for bigger things than us I’m afraid. Probably third best striker in this league 

Agreed. Superb movement. Also thought Bacuna looked useful, an upgrade on Palmer probably. If the Crowley brothers sort them out defensively, which on today’s evidence is some job, they will cause future opponents problems.

5 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

After? ....:yawn:

Mitrovic?

58 minutes ago, daored said:

thought he was their threat in my pre-match thread.

E512F459-32D6-4D71-82A2-0747A70C9054.thumb.jpeg.d8128ebec2c09a36c5172826b467a1ef.jpeg

Ridiculous that we missed out on Watkins...........that was substandard scouting, and  quite unbelieveable that  we lost out to Brentford for such an  exceptional talent who was quite literally on our doorstep.  While we were watching Diony...he slipped through our fingers, to this day I cannot conceive that we were so remiss.............£1.8 million!

Just now, maxjak said:

Ridiculous that we missed out on Watkins...........that was substandard scouting, and  quite unbelieveable that  we lost out to Brentford for such an  exceptional talent who was quite literally on our doorstep.  While we were watching Diony...he slipped through our fingers, to this day I cannot conceive that we were so remiss.............£1.8 million!

Of course we scouted him. My understanding is that Exeter wanted £1m more from us than the fee they subsequently accepted from Brentford. There doesn't seem to be a good relationship between the clubs for some reason.

Not substandard scouting mate. I can 100% assure you. He was watched many many times and was highly recommended every time. 
Now, I’m not casting any sort of inference but instead of signing Watkins we signed Cod. Think about where Cod came from and that’ll give you the answer as to why the scouts many assessments and wholehearted recommendations were turned down. 

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Of course we scouted him. My understanding is that Exeter wanted £1m more from us than the fee they subsequently accepted from Brentford. There doesn't seem to be a good relationship between the clubs for some reason.

Yes, you can’t blame the scouts....waits for @Harry to chime in.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Not substandard scouting mate. I can 100% assure you. He was watched many many times and was highly recommended every time. 
Now, I’m not casting any sort of inference but instead of signing Watkins we signed Cod. Think about where Cod came from and that’ll give you the answer as to why the scouts many assessments and wholehearted recommendations were turned down. 

Ha ha....your post beat mine!

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Wonder what he is worth now?.............£10 - £15 mill,   I don't care if Exeter hated us, we should have signed him.  I saw him play twice for Exeter, and even though I was an amateur footballer and a sub standard coach, I  could see he was going to be an exceptional talent.

Just now, maxjak said:

Wonder what he is worth now?.............£10 - £15 mill,   I don't care if Exeter hated us, we should have signed him.  I saw him play twice for Exeter, and even though I was an amateur footballer and a sub standard coach, I  could see he was going to be an exceptional talent.

Harry has given the inside track. It is certainly harder to sign a player from a club with which you have a bad relationship. Hence the upping of the price as I was given to understand.

The only other comment I would add is that I can imagine what the reaction would have been on here if we had paid close to £3m for a League 2 player.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Harry has given the inside track. It is certainly harder to sign a player from a club with which you have a bad relationship. Hence the upping of the price as I was given to understand.

The only other comment I would add is that I can imagine what the reaction would have been on here if we had paid close to £3m for a League 2 player.

Bigger sell on percentage from Brentford too I think....which Exeter thought Brentford would achieve for them.

Archived