IGNORED

So so wrong to so so right...

formerly known as ivan

Does the last two games sum up Johnson as a manager? Consistently inconsistent!

WBA tactics and personnel were so wrong it was embarrassing! Tried to be too clever in picking a team based on our opponent and it couldn’t have been much worse.

Skip forward a few days and it was the complete opposite. I feel like he picked a line up based on our strengths rather than trying to out think Huddersfield. 

Someone started a thread not long ago asking about our last good performance. I think we can now say Huddersfield at home, 30th November 2019.

The football played in the first half was outstanding and should be how we try to play regardless of who against or where.

12 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

WBA tactics and personal were so wrong it was embarrassing! Tried to be too clever in picking a team based on our opponent and it couldn’t have been much worse.

Skip forward a few days and it was the complete opposite. I feel like he picked a line up based on our strengths rather than trying to put think Huddersfield. 

Someone started a thread not long ago asking about our last good performance. I think we can now say Huddersfield at home, 30th November 2019.

The football played in the first half was outstanding and should be how we try to play regardless of who against or where.

How about giving the players some responsibility too?  It’s not all down to the manager.  Too many people on this forum live in a world of hindsight and think they know better than the manager and the coaching staff.  The team put out on Wednesday should have down better, full stop -  there were eleven good players at West Brom playing a very common formation, and some of them just didn’t turn up.  Today they did, which is great, but I do get frustrated with every poor performance being blamed on the manager as if the players are just helpless puppets.

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

How about giving the players some responsibility too?  It’s not all down to the manager.  Too many people on this forum live in a world of hindsight and think they know better than the manager and the coaching staff.  The team put out on Wednesday should have down better, full stop -  there were eleven good players at West Brom playing a very common formation, and some of them just didn’t turn up.  Today they did, which is great, but I do get frustrated with every poor performance being blamed on the manager as if the players are just helpless puppets.

Obviously, but pretty sure Johnson put the brunt of the criticism against WBA so now he gets the praise

34 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

WBA tactics and personnel were so wrong it was embarrassing! Tried to be too clever in picking a team based on our opponent and it couldn’t have been much worse.

Skip forward a few days and it was the complete opposite. I feel like he picked a line up based on our strengths rather than trying to out think Huddersfield. 

Totally disagree.
The problem at WBA was predominantly players and poor play. Playing the 3 CMF'ers is something I had wanted to see for a while, and Palmer needs movement ahead of him , so Weimann in and drop Fam made sense, it didn't work. Huddersfield are a totally different proposition. We played the same 3 CMFers, a CF and we were home so players running off of the CF. Not massively different to the WBA game, but massively different opposition. For me, the biggest problem at WBA was misplaced passes, we gave away possession so often, and not just that, we did it in bad situations, effectively setting them up.3 of 4 goals I believe came from our mistakes. We concede 2 today , and the only reason we are not spitting the dummy is that we scored 5.
Today we were not briliant with LJ doing a masterclass, just as the other night we were not complete shite with LJ being completely useless.

Archived