IGNORED

Jay Dasilva

westred1

1 minute ago, westred1 said:

Hearing he’ll be back on Boxing Day!

Hopefully it’ll be before that. Been told Kalas will be around the same time - definitely hope he’s fit a long time before!

Charlton away. Wasn`t he on loan there for a season before he came to us and they loved him? I can see why he might have set that as a target if so.

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Charlton away. Wasn`t he on loan there for a season before he came to us and they loved him? I can see why he might have set that as a target if so.

Correct, believe he was their  player of the season. Sooner he is back the better, although no one can knock how well Rowe has played. COYR 

28 minutes ago, westred1 said:

Hearing he’ll be back on Boxing Day!

Hopefully it’ll be before that. Been told Kalas will be around the same time - definitely hope he’s fit a long time before!

I believe evening post reported in an interview he’s aiming to be playing in the u23s in just before Christmas

15 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

Does anyone know what kalas’ injury is and has Johnson said anything about it after today’s game at all ? 

Tendonitis. Not sure on the second question.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's excellent news about DaSilva!

I hesitate about rushing players back after a lengthy layoff though- but it's a tough balancing act when we are in the race for the top 6.

Kalas- wow that's longer than thought!

Regarding Kala's; wasn't it great to see Taylor Moore play so well when he came on? We've got options for places and more to come back.

Add another striker/forward in Jan and things look good at the moment.

1 minute ago, grifty said:

Kalas was commentating on Robins TV and he said he's a couple of days away from being match fit.

I had a brief chat with him at h-t, but I didn’t ask re injury.  The main commentator, Toby, told me the other week that sometimes the players can get a bit fed of being asked about their injuries all the time....so I refrained from asking.

So good to hear.

56 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Regarding Kala's; wasn't it great to see Taylor Moore play so well when he came on? We've got options for places and more to come back.

Add another striker/forward in Jan and things look good at the moment.

For me it is Kalas and Williams as a partnership from now on, but Moore comes in for either if they are unavailable. 

45 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

For me it is Kalas and Williams as a partnership from now on, but Moore comes in for either if they are unavailable. 

We are in a good place when all are fit.  Think Baker has reminded a few how solid he can be.  There was one bit today (not long after Grant’s goal and us going 3-1 up) where Grant dragged Williams short and then spun him, but Baker anticipated, covered in behind him and headed away.  He passed it pretty well today too.

And let’s not forget Wright, he came in last week v Forest and was really solid.  Yes, he got exposed v Brom, but it’s not like he was the only one.  It’s been just as well we’ve had 5 decent CBS this season.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

We are in a good place when all are fit.  Think Baker has reminded a few how solid he can be.  There was one bit today (not long after Grant’s goal and us going 3-1 up) where Grant dragged Williams short and then spun him, but Baker anticipated, covered in behind him and headed away.  He passed it pretty well today too.

And let’s not forget Wright, he came in last week v Forest and was really solid.  Yes, he got exposed v Brom, but it’s not like he was the only one.  It’s been just as well we’ve had 5 decent CBS this season.

A big hand for ‘ No nonsense ‘ Nathan  .

:clap:

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thought Baker was much better today. Good game from him. Be interesting to see if he gets new deal with contract up end of next season. And with Wright's deal expiring end of this one.

We have Baker now, and Moore looks decent. As long as we keep fit Dasilva, Baker and Kalas we won`t concede that much as before.

The problem for us is the conceding even if we do not have a good striker. Imagine...8 goals less than now and we could be 2nd. 

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

100% agree

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

In my view, the team that Johnson is building requires more ability on the ball than Baker and Wright have. Ultimately, they're possibly not fit for purpose. I just hope they'll be good enough for back up this season.

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

100% agree

In my view, the team that Johnson is building requires more ability on the ball than Baker and Wright have. Ultimately, they're possibly not fit for purpose. I just hope they'll be good enough for back up this season.

Yes spot on... add in Wright always committing unnecessary silly fouls that either waste our FKs into opposition box, or gift the opposition free crossing/shooting chances around our box, and it's clear Kalas & Williams should be first choice CB pairing with Moore 1st reserve.

15 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Yes spot on... add in Wright always committing unnecessary silly fouls that either waste our FKs into opposition box, or gift the opposition free crossing/shooting chances around our box, and it's clear Kalas & Williams should be first choice CB pairing with Moore 1st reserve.

Yeah, I sometimes think in terms of 'what would the opposition assessment be?'

Clearly they'd identify both Wright and Baker as having key weaknesses: prone to giving away fouls, and likely to lose possession. 

You'd ask your tricky players to have a go at them, and you'd allow them to play the ball out from the back, knowing you'll often win it back.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

100% agree

Can’t argue with any of that.  There will need to be horses for courses selections throughout the season, like Cardiff.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t argue with any of that.  There will need to be horses for courses selections throughout the season, like Cardiff.

It's a good sign for the club that players like Webster and Kalas have raised the bar in what we expect from our players. We're asking them to have Premier League ability, which is harsh on Wright, who has a Premier League attitude, but not the rest.

Now that Williams has extolled that high level of composure, and Moore has been a revelation in all departments of his game, all the others have to keep up with the evolution.

My intuition is that Wright and Baker won't manage that but it's always possible. 

Archived