IGNORED

Jonathan kodjia?

Red Derek

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That came after the “Dion Dublin,his dick is offside “ chant when it became common knowledge that he had a huge member 

Sad thing is the snowflakes would be complaining left right and centre with chants like these nowadays.

5 hours ago, Superjack said:

I personally think that we will be after Nketiah, but Kodjia's close control was excellent and the two ex Angers men up front would be interesting. I would have him back. I think that sometimes football fans can be too precious when it comes to what they see as a slight on their club. I grant you refusing to play is out of order if true, but I don't think that any one of us in Kodjia's position at that time would not have wanted to go to Villa (loyalties aside, obviously).

And City were oh so sad as they spent his transfer money ...

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies mate, I wasn’t on your wavelength! Cheers ... ?

I always thought the funniest “offside chant” was ... “Luis Suarez, your teeth are offside..” - dunno why, but that really tickled me!

9 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That came after the “Dion Dublin,his dick is offside “ chant when it became common knowledge that he had a huge member 

9 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

Or jamie vardy your chin is offside

9 hours ago, Pezo said:

Or Ozil - your eyes are offside. 

9 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

or Gareth Southgate your nose is offside 

All funny in the days before VAR.

11 hours ago, Red Derek said:

People say never go back, but??

.... it sometimes works - Carey? Scotty? 2 I can think of off the top of my head. 

Kodjia didn’t please me when he said he was going to a ‘bigger club’ when he went to Villa. That might have been true - and they (Villa) have managed to get promoted but it pissed me off to hear him say it!!!

having said that, he is a good striker and I would swallow my pride and WOULD have him back. We need a good striker and he is one at this level. 

I’d prefer Niketiah though.....

55 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Pretty much where I am. I can't see it but he'd certainly do a good job for us and he'd probably actually find it easier now given there are players and coaches who speak French...

He’s familiar with the club but wages would be a problem. Yes it could help being more of a French connection at Ashton Gate . His English might be better !!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

He couldn't wait to get away from us, so for that reason alone it's a non starter from me.

Although I said yesterday that i'd have him back. I think you are right. I've changed my mind on this one. **** the bloke, if BCFC is a just stepping stone .. it's game over and no going back. Joe Bryan, obviously would be different, as was Scotty and Louis

Kodjia...mixed views on a possible return tbh. 

Would he fit stylistically? Certainly IMO- central, wide forward, but along with another wider forward in say a 3-4-3 or a 3-4-2-1?

Technically good, knows where the goal is and would be playing with better players than 4 seasons ago. Past experience here and more experience of English football, a lot more- a nobrainer! 

Why do I have doubts then? 

Four years older. Differing styles he's played under. Has had injuries in his time at Aston Villa, hasn't his game time not just this season in PL being non-existent but that aside,  the 3 Championship seasons were certainly patchy. 

Disregarding the stepping stone argument, removing it from the equation, while we could do worse certainly, I'm unconvinced he's the one

Don't think he's quite the same player despite all of the attributes I listed.

On 30/11/2019 at 23:10, AppyDAZE said:

If he's any good, and could bang in a few goals ... who gives a shit. This is football.

Where morals and loyalty ******* long left the building

I don't think he;d be interested in us for one minute, but I say it again, i would have him back here

Ashton et al.....  who make the big decisions regarding incomings and outgoings....

Therefore - as I said - I can't see that he'd pass the "DNA" test

Personally, I wouldn’t have him back because of the way he pushed his move away & I also don’t think it’ll happen because the hierarchy here is still the same.

If Ashton & Johnson etc had been replaced since he forced his move away, there may of been a chance but I don’t see them being too keen on working with him again.

Archived