Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Red Derek

Jonathan kodjia?

2 minutes ago, Red Derek said:

Out of contract in the summer!

Smith looking to offload!

People say never go back, but??

And probably he is one who would say that

Edited by AppyDAZE

A loan just to get his wage off the books is not out of the question in the new year. He will be one of the ones that MA has on his possibles list. 

5 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Doubt it mate,  just as he puts pen to paper he’ll probably get flagged off side 

Strange comment, his 19 league goals in 2015/2016 kept us up, we should be grateful for that. If we’d gone straight back down after the title winning season who knows where we’d be now?

And, everyone went wild when Bobby Reid scored 19 league goals before buggering off to Cardiff ...

• Like 12

It’s not really a strange comment more tongue in cheek..

. ‘Johnathan kodjia he's always offside’ was sung at him on his return to Ashton gate and away at Villa park..the reason It was chanted was because he was flagged for being offside a lot when he was playing for us.....

it was just a joke 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

It’s not really a strange comment more tongue in cheek..

. ‘Johnathan kodjia he's always offside’ was sung at him on his return to Ashton gate and away at Villa park..the reason It was chanted was because he was flagged for being offside a lot when he was playing for us.....

it was just a joke 

Apologies mate, I wasn’t on your wavelength! Cheers ... 🍷

I always thought the funniest “offside chant” was ... “Luis Suarez, your teeth are offside..” - dunno why, but that really tickled me!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I always thought the funniest “offside chant” was ... “Luis Suarez, your teeth are offside..” - dunno why, but that really tickled me!

That came after the “Dion Dublin,his dick is offside “ chant when it became common knowledge that he had a huge member 

• Haha 1

Not actually that crazy a shout for a Jan loan. We need a striker for half a season to replace Afobe. I don’t have an issue with him going to Villa - it was a cracking move for him at the time.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Does someone who refuses to play because he wants to force a move really have the right DNA to fit onto any list of MA's??

If he's any good, and could bang in a few goals ... who gives a shit. This is football.

Where morals and loyalty ******* long left the building

I don't think he;d be interested in us for one minute, but I say it again, i would have him back here

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

If he's any good, and could bang in a few goals ... who gives a shit. This is football. where morals and loyalty ******* long left the building

I don't think he;d be interested in us for one minute, but I say it again, i would

think I preferred your old avatar :dunno:

Edited by reddoh
site messed up

Just now, JonDolman said:

I think he is worse than he was. I don't want him.

Well , he wasn't ever "worse"  than he was because he was actually pretty good and that's why someone paid decent money for him..

Yes he dissed us big time, but you can't say he isn't a good Championship standard player because he clearly is

Wouldn’t be high on my list but neither was Afobe and that looked like it was working out. Depends on how motivated he would be. All things considered I am not sure he’d be super motivated tbh. Probably waiting for that contract to expire to go somewhere abroad for free on a decent wage again. 

7 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well , he wasn't ever "worse"  than he was because he was actually pretty good and that's why someone paid decent money for him..

Yes he dissed us big time, but you can't say he isn't a good Championship standard player because he clearly is

He can be worse than he was. He is worse now than when we sold him.

No thanks 

• Like 1

think it was just a W as a light hearted supporter I would think you would have something less gruesome 

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He is certainly a worse player now than the Kodjia we had. A bad injury and he hasn't returned the same player.

• Like 1

I personally think that we will be after Nketiah, but Kodjia's close control was excellent and the two ex Angers men up front would be interesting. I would have him back. I think that sometimes football fans can be too precious when it comes to what they see as a slight on their club. I grant you refusing to play is out of order if true, but I don't think that any one of us in Kodjia's position at that time would not have wanted to go to Villa (loyalties aside, obviously).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That came after the “Dion Dublin,his dick is offside “ chant when it became common knowledge that he had a huge member 

Sad thing is the snowflakes would be complaining left right and centre with chants like these nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Snake 2

5 hours ago, Superjack said:

I personally think that we will be after Nketiah, but Kodjia's close control was excellent and the two ex Angers men up front would be interesting. I would have him back. I think that sometimes football fans can be too precious when it comes to what they see as a slight on their club. I grant you refusing to play is out of order if true, but I don't think that any one of us in Kodjia's position at that time would not have wanted to go to Villa (loyalties aside, obviously).

And City were oh so sad as they spent his transfer money ...

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

9 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

9 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

Or jamie vardy your chin is offside

9 hours ago, Pezo said:

Or Ozil - your eyes are offside. 

9 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

or Gareth Southgate your nose is offside 

All funny in the days before VAR.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Sad thing is the snowflakes would be complaining left right and centre with chants like these nowadays.

I'd be over the moon if they were singing about me 😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Red Derek said:

People say never go back, but??

.... it sometimes works - Carey? Scotty? 2 I can think of off the top of my head. 

Kodjia didn’t please me when he said he was going to a ‘bigger club’ when he went to Villa. That might have been true - and they (Villa) have managed to get promoted but it pissed me off to hear him say it!!!

having said that, he is a good striker and I would swallow my pride and WOULD have him back. We need a good striker and he is one at this level. 

I’d prefer Niketiah though.....

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Spelling

5 minutes ago, shelts said:

It won’t happen . If it was possibles I would take him in a heartbeat. 

Pretty much where I am. I can't see it but he'd certainly do a good job for us and he'd probably actually find it easier now given there are players and coaches who speak French...

55 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Pretty much where I am. I can't see it but he'd certainly do a good job for us and he'd probably actually find it easier now given there are players and coaches who speak French...

He’s familiar with the club but wages would be a problem. Yes it could help being more of a French connection at Ashton Gate . His English might be better !!

10 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'd be over the moon if they were singing about me 😂

Though not as much as Mrs CotswoldRed would be!  :)

He couldn't wait to get away from us, so for that reason alone it's a non starter from me.

• Like 2

I’d take him back on loan this season if we can’t get Nketiah or someone of this ilk.  Longer term he’s not the right option.  The bloke scored 19 goals in a struggling side, and earned us £11-15m!!