IGNORED

Now fun begins for next Saturday

DT The Optimist

Interesting listening to Sound of the City- Brownhill and Smith partnership- no Nagy,  no Massengo?? Bold!

Also lots say Saturday was 4-4-2...not so sure it was IMO. Honor seems to think it was,  more flexible than this though I thought.

Anyway,  Saturday,  same again except get Moore in perhaps. Possibly play and start a bit deeper,  with the likes of Elliasson and Weimann there is energy,  pace and skill.  Brownhill too- Baker and Williams at CB possibly if we play deeper.  

Torn between Hunt and Pereira at RB- Hunt is better in a number of ways and if we play on the break the space would be ideal for him but OTOH,  Pereira can help to bring about a compact shape. 

Think that O'Dowda and Palmer could have a role to play too,  albeit from the bench.

If Kalas back,  he's surely match fitness permitting got to be a strong candidate to start. Kalas could be ideal for a medium defensive line,  technically sound, young enough but no Webster. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting listening to Sound of the City- Brownhill and Smith partnership- no Nagy,  no Massengo?? Bold!

Also lots say Saturday was 4-4-2...not so sure it was IMO. Honor seems to think it was,  more flexible than this though I thought.

Anyway,  Saturday,  same again except get Moore in perhaps. Possibly play and start a bit deeper,  with the likes of Elliasson and Weimann there is energy,  pace and skill.  Brownhill too- Baker and Williams at CB possibly if we play deeper.  

Torn between Hunt and Pereira at RB- Hunt is better in a number of ways and if we play on the break the space would be ideal for him but OTOH,  Pereira can help to bring about a compact shape. 

Think that O'Dowda and Palmer could have a role to play too,  albeit from the bench.

If Kalas back,  he's surely match fitness permitting got to be a strong candidate to start. Kalas could be ideal for a medium defensive line,  technically sound, young enough but no Webster. 

Hopefully O'dower's role will be to help collect the kit after the game. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agree with this. A few saying go with the same team and although it wasn’t 442 we will need to be more compact in central midfield . Anyone remember the game against them at home 3 years ago when we were light in midfield , we were chasing shadows all game and got ripped apart. I’m sure we’ll be looking to hit them on the break and would either go back to 352 or 433 -451 without the ball 

21 hours ago, INCRED said:

Think the way ti beat Fulham is to have a go and attack them. They are not great defensively if you press them and deny them space 

Need to shackle Mitrovic to get anything 

They do seem to be slow starters from what I`ve seen on TV. QPR would have been out of sight before they got going a couple of weeks back if they could finish.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

From things like Huddersfield keeper kicks it was more like a 4231 imho....but fluid.  Weimann definitely not right alongside Famara.  I’ve probably got Josh a bit too far forward.

53A57C28-1ED1-4603-911D-5B4B8C7E8DD8.thumb.jpeg.327dbd39bf66da349ad99f8df3c79c12.jpeg

Second half we went more 442, with Weimann going left, Eliasson right, and Brownhill as the 10...but I think he played too far forward.

38 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Agree with this. A few saying go with the same team and although it wasn’t 442 we will need to be more compact in central midfield . Anyone remember the game against them at home 3 years ago when we were light in midfield , we were chasing shadows all game and got ripped apart. I’m sure we’ll be looking to hit them on the break and would either go back to 352 or 433 -451 without the ball 

Agreed. 

We will...I remember that game well,  the 0-2. In the midst of that horrendous several month run under LJ. We were very much outmanouvered,  Hegeler in a central 2 was a nonsense. Hegeler in a 3 though,  could've been different IMO. Yet we had some spells and chances,  but clearly outplayed, the Matthews error for y their 2nd, clinching goal set the fans off,  Johnson out chants.

Yep, 4-3-3 with it reverting to 4-5-1 or even 4-1-4-1 our on possession I agree. 3-5-2 could be possible but only if both Moore and Kalas start- right age and attributes for a line that can get out but not too high. 

Granted, we're now better than 0-2 v Fulham, clearly but they too have a far better squad than then.

A good example would also be our 2-0 there at end of October 2017...

We went 4-3-3 early in that due to an injury and controlled things well- not necessarily dominant in possession but did well, Brownhill-Smith-Pack..a setup that LJ was reluctant to use except when injuries hit, curiously.

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

As others have said, stick with the same midfield and front men but Mitrovic is the danger man so LJ might opt to change the CBs around. Kalas and Moore will both be available as will be Williams, Baker and Wright. 

The strategy has to be to nullify the supply to Mitrovic and it’ll be interesting to see what line up LJ goes for.

Anyone but Bailey Wright , id be happy to never see him in a city shirt again 

Archived