IGNORED

Love and Strength to the Afobe family

CyderInACan

2 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Haven been a parent who has had to bury a child, I can only say the pain is still raw 30 years on. 

Thoughts are with Benik and rest of the family throughout these times. 

Red, I wanted to leave an acknowledgement to your post. However, I didn't think any of the icons/emoticons or whatever they are called were appropriate enough.

"Thanks" and "like" are too vague so please accept this response instead. We only have one child who's about to turn 19. I have no idea what the pain you both must have felt 30 years ago and ever since. Thank you for posting your very eloquent and succinct message and that whilst the pain may never disappear it will be outweighed by the great memories and love.

Thank you Red for posting and please have a great day today.

12 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Haven been a parent who has had to bury a child, I can only say the pain is still raw 30 years on. 

Thoughts are with Benik and rest of the family throughout these times. 

This is so true, I lost my first son age 3 back in 1988......he's buried in the churchyard at Warmley.....the pain never goes and my family's thoughts are with Benik and his family and hopefully he gets all the support he will need

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Writing with tears in my eyes..................Just devastating news.

I always think words like "................puts everything into perspective" are over used and a bit trite, but this truly does.

Peace and love to Benik and family .

It really does. Awful awful news.

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Awful news. :sad26:

Happy to organise a card as I’ve done previously with other similar things if people would like that. 

Yes please .

So sad to hear. Whatever happens at the end of the season, he will always be part of the Bristol City family.

24 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Awful news. :sad26:

Happy to organise a card as I’ve done previously with other similar things if people would like that. 

It would be nice to convey our sympathies. 

How have you done it in the past?

How utterly heartbreaking, life can seem so unfair that tragedies like this occur, and to someone who seemed so full of life, happiness and positive energy, life seems to have been additionally cruel. I hope they feel the support of those around them.

It is unimaginable the amount of grieving that Benik and his family will need to do or how they will find the strength they'll need to go on, but keeping alive the memories and affection they must have for their daughter will hopefully be their inspiration.

Archived