IGNORED

Love and Strength to the Afobe family

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Football means so little in the grand scheme of things. Fair play to the sags. 

Well said Reg, just learned of this just now from a Wolves fan. In football the only time we are not equal are in the 90 minutes we play the opposition, after that we revert to being human again. One of our family has just lost one of the most precious  things God gives us ....a child. So as a family, whether we are City, Gas or any other team... we hurt and we all hurt together. I pray that Benik and his family can take solace that a lot of people  feel his loss as well. RIP Amora and may you find peace my dear little one.

I really do not have the words. I can't even bring myself to read the posts on this thread, it was simply too much after the first few.

I hope in time Benik will find this thread and be able to see that we are thinking of him and his family, life can be so cruel sometimes. RIP Little One

I can imagine I'd only be mirroring the messages of support both in here and the social media circles. Just so heartbreaking and devastating for the family. 

My daughter will be two on new years eve and many on here will have children, brothers and sisters, neices and nephews, grand children and so on who are the same age. It's just beyond comprehension. Gave her an extra kiss and cuddle when I put her to bed tonight. ???

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I really do not have the words. I can't even bring myself to read the posts on this thread, it was simply too much after the first few.

I hope in time Benik will find this thread and be able to see that we are thinking of him and his family, life can be so cruel sometimes. RIP Little One

RedM,

I’ve looked at his past teams forums and every one reflects what has been said here!

As parent I could not even image going though what is happening to the family at the moment.

I’m involved in club level football and my Club 5 years ago today suffered the loss of a young player to cancer! We had already prepared for the worse news. 

This has hit so quick the the family had had no time to prepare for it!

When the cause is know I hope that ours and his past clubs raise money for what every charity is doing good work in that area.

I have seen suggestions of an applause on two minutes but whilst a good idea I feel it's a little underwhelming and that we as fans could do more than that. We have just over a week until our next home game so we have a bit of time to organise something to show Afobe and his family our love and support.

Personally I'd love to see a minutes applause before the game whilst the South Stand is holding up pink cards/spelling her name out. Surely we can do this? I'm more than happy to make a donation towards costs. I'd also love to see the stadium lit up in pink instead of the red. 

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I have seen suggestions of an applause on two minutes but whilst a good idea I feel it's a little underwhelming and that we as fans could do more than that. We have just over a week until our next home game so we have a bit of time to organise something to show Afobe and his family our love and support.

Personally I'd love to see a minutes applause before the game whilst the South Stand is holding up pink cards/spelling her name out. Surely we can do this? I'm more than happy to make a donation towards costs. I'd also love to see the stadium lit up in pink instead of the red. 

I really like both of your ideas. I too will happily contribute financially to a display even though I won't be at the game.

19 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Awful news. :sad26:

Happy to organise a card as I’ve done previously with other similar things if people would like that. 

If you are, can you start a new thread?  I’d like to add a more personal message to Benik and his family. 
Thanks, Dolly

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Set up a fund, I'll also make a donation. It will make me feel a big closer rather than being isolated in Oz.

Archived