IGNORED

FA Cup 2019/20

RedLionLad

We've had Rovers a couple of times in recent years but not of the Miah kind! 

I think we will get a Rovers team again but I'd rather have a PL team away. Why? So it can be a great day out, be on Telly (and, therefore, extra revenue) and dare I say it  we will lose narrowly. This will mean we can play well against the best but then concentrate on getting the promotion, without adding a long cup run which offers the prospect of injuries.

Gillingham are still in the Cup and we've not been there for a few years now. 

P'boro' away would suit me as like them, I have a PE2 postcode.

However, the priority this season is finishing as high up the table as poss, so a top Prem club away. Yes, we'll probably lose, but we get a third(?) of the gate takings to help fund January transfers and we can concentrate on the League.

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

Gillingham 

You posted this whilst I was still composing mine. :grr:

The attendance for the Coventry v Ipswich game was 2,800. Ok played in Birmingham and a trip for Ipswich fans, but to think this was a top flight game back in the day and both teams winners of the cup in the past.

Plymouth taking 1,800 away to the Sags is one hell of a following looking at the Coventry attendance.

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

The attendance for the Coventry v Ipswich game was 2,800. Ok played in Birmingham and a trip for Ipswich fans, but to think this was a top flight game back in the day and both teams winners of the cup in the past.

Plymouth taking 1,800 away to the Sags is one hell of a following looking at the Coventry attendance.

Love them or hate them they do travel in numbers the s*gs with their `it`s what we do` away followings can only dream of. They`re like Norwich in that respect always taking far more than they should given their location and it being 100 miles before they get anywhere. They will take 400 or so to places like Fleetwood on a wet Tuesday in February.

33 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Love them or hate them they do travel in numbers the s*gs with their `it`s what we do` away followings can only dream of. They`re like Norwich in that respect always taking far more than they should given their location and it being 100 miles before they get anywhere. They will take 400 or so to places like Fleetwood on a wet Tuesday in February.

You always see plenty of them at service stations when they are playing away.

Whereas, Gasheads can always be found at Police stations...

Modern football problems No 327 , they do the draw we get a plum tie and they move the bloody game.
I'd love Spurs away, more so if they left it on a Saturday 3pm, doubtful though isn't it. Arsenal or Chelsea would be good, but I have a feeling, Palace home boring and tough.

43 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yeah without a doubt the 2nd biggest team in the west country.

Always enjoyed games against Plymouth, when Home Park is completed it will be a decent stadium.

They might 2 leagues below us but the chance of playing them in a league game in the next 5 years is far greater than playing the Sags.

In fact the Rovers have more chance of playing Truro in a league game than playing at the Gate!!!

Archived