IGNORED

FA Cup 2019/20

RedLionLad

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Bloody Leeds....always get good cup draws....

You’re right - bet they were so chuffed with QPR away in the third round last season and Newport County away in the season before that - and they lost both ties 2-1 - pure glamour .... and the season before that they drew Cambridge United away ...

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Same here............:sleeping:

I was hoping for Liverpool at AG.........

Yep I wouldnt have minded that. 

I'm not interested in a cup run this year and let's face it we never get one of the big boys anyways so would probs have to get to the final before we do. Would have liked to have had a big game to get excited about and then now our graciously and then concentrate on the league.

Good draw in fairness. Maybe its just me but i now look at the FA and league cups with a genuine desire to go as far as we can and heaven forbid even get to a semi or final (We almost got to a final in 17/18 so why not dream big..)

I’d much rather progress to the later stages and meet the big boys there.. cant help but think with how far we have come in the last few years that wanting a big team early on is really only what the tinpot lower league outfits are striving for!

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You’re right - bet they were so chuffed with QPR away in the third round last season and Newport County away in the season before that - and they lost both ties 2-1 - pure glamour ....

They have had some good ones down the last ten years though - Man U, Spurs, Arsenal (three times?!). 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

In all seriousness, he can't play. How would it look if he had a 'mare and gave the game away?

Give him permission to play (he's already cup tied) and let Shrewsbury decide whether to include him or not. We seem to be the only nation in Europe that stops loan players turning out against their parent club. We would surely be confident about beating Shrewsbury whether Max is between the sticks or not. 

42 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

They have had some good ones down the last ten years though - Man U, Spurs, Arsenal (three times?!). 

Yep Leeds drew Arsenal twice in the third round in the last ten years - but in all the other seasons over the last decade they have had FA Cup draws versus Histon, Oldham, Kettering, Brum, Rochdale, Sunderland, Rotherham, Bolton, Watford, Cambridge, Newport and QPR - obviously glamorous draws will follow if a club progresses into the later rounds but I was replying to a post on third round draw day about Leeds ‘always getting good cup draws’ - it just ain’t so! 

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep Leeds drew Arsenal twice in the third round in the last ten years - but in all the other seasons over the last decade they have had FA Cup draws versus Histon, Oldham, Kettering, Brum, Rochdale, Sunderland, Rotherham, Bolton, Watford, Cambridge, Newport and QPR - obviously glamorous draws will follow if a club progresses into the later rounds but I was replying to a post on third round draw day about Leeds ‘always getting good cup draws’ - it just ain’t so! 

So 3/11 including this season.

Many would include facing a non-league side as a "good cup draw" as it's a novelty from the third round onwards, that puts Leeds at at least 5 of the last 11 third round draws- based on who you have said they have faced.

Compared to our 0/11. 

Now I wonder why there may be a little envy about the draws Leeds have had...

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So 3/11 including this season.

Many would include facing a non-league side as a "good cup draw" as it's a novelty from the third round onwards, that puts Leeds at at least 5 of the last 11 third round draws- based on who you have said they have faced.

Compared to our 0/11. 

Now I wonder why there may be a little envy about the draws Leeds have had...

Yeh, but they lost to Histon so that wasn’t particularly a good draw for them! Not sure I entirely understand your post though James - are you saying we’ve had zero ‘good draws’ in the last 11 third round draws? The post to which I was replying suggested Leeds get good draws because they always draw a big, glamorous side, when they don’t ... you seem to be suggesting that a draw against a perceived inferior team is a good draw?

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, but they lost to Histon so that wasn’t particularly a good draw for them! Not sure I entirely understand your post though James - are you saying we’ve had zero ‘good draws’ in the last 11 third round draws? The post to which I was replying suggested Leeds get good draws because they always draw a big, glamorous side, when they don’t ... you seem to be suggesting that a draw against a perceived inferior team is a good draw?

I quite clearly qualified what "inferior" sides would be seen as a good draw, and the reason why.

Not sure what part of "non-league" has confused you.

The fact that people on this thread even said they'd like a non league side even back up what I said.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I quite clearly qualified what "inferior" sides would be seen as a good draw, and the reason why.

Not sure what part of "non-league" has confused you.

The fact that people on this thread even said they'd like a non league side even back up what I said.

Yeh, but I was originally replying to a poster who said Leeds always get good draws after they were drawn versus Arsenal tonight, that person was obviously suggesting that Leeds always get good draws because they thought Leeds always draw a big club in the third round, which they don’t ... nothing to do with thinking drawing a non league team is a ‘good draw’ - anyway, cheers for your replies ... enjoy the rest of your evening 

3 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Loads of London clubs at home that day ..

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Spurs and West Ham the only London sides to be drawn away.

Can see some fixtures being shuffled around there.

Don’t the third round ties have to be played between the 3rd and 6th January 2020? That should help any London congestion ...

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You’re right - bet they were so chuffed with QPR away in the third round last season and Newport County away in the season before that - and they lost both ties 2-1 - pure glamour .... and the season before that they drew Cambridge United away ...

Whenever I see you have responded to a post I have made I always know it's going to be a sarcy response. In the last ten seasons they have had Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs at least twice. We had Man Utd and Man City in the same season but other than that we have rarely face a top dog. So yes they do get lucky compared to many.

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Whenever I see you have responded to a post I have made I always know it's going to be a sarcy response. In the last ten seasons they have had Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs at least twice. We had Man Utd and Man City in the same season but other than that we have rarely face a top dog. So yes they do get lucky compared to many.

Apologies, my response should have been worded more reasonably. The further a club goes in a competition they are more likely to draw a top club, drawing a big premier league club in the latter stages of a cup competition is likely rather than lucky. Leeds have drawn bigger clubs as they’ve progressed further - like we did in our league cup run as you rightly point out. Anyway, apologies again for my original reply ...

Archived