IGNORED

Liam Fontaine on TV now

22A

Ross County v Celtic, our former player Fonts in action against Celtic. Ross think a lot of him. He went there on a free from Hibs.

Fontaine has been a vital addition to the squad since his arrival in 2018. An experienced professional he has been able to guide younger players as well as putting in strong performances at the heart of the Staggies defence. A fans favourite, Fontaine is also involved in coaching some of the younger teams at the club.

6 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

It gives me cold sweats remembering when he was our captain, and at the centre of our defence. 

Thing is he was quality under GJ and was very close to joining Southampton who went on to get promoted, a team who did exceptionally well the following seasons in the prem. 

9 hours ago, 22A said:

Ross County v Celtic, our former player Fonts in action against Celtic. Ross think a lot of him. He went there on a free from Hibs.

Fontaine has been a vital addition to the squad since his arrival in 2018. An experienced professional he has been able to guide younger players as well as putting in strong performances at the heart of the Staggies defence. A fans favourite, Fontaine is also involved in coaching some of the younger teams at the club.

You sure it’s him?! Given your thread on Marley Watkins scoring more headers than anyone else in the championship, I’m thinking you may be thinking of Just Fontaine here!!!  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Fontaine

(...only joshing fella! Happy Sunday! ...)

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Thing is he was quality under GJ and was very close to joining Southampton who went on to get promoted, a team who did exceptionally well the following seasons in the prem. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/its-just-fontaine-for-me-reveals-liverpool-manager-benitez-6645056.html

Just gonna leave this here....

28 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

That most likely was just a rumour or him and his agent trying get a higher wage maybe? 

He was a bit mistake prone but I think he was one of the first names on the team sheet for us and was a decent player just lacked concentration 

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I think the poor guy suffered horribly in his last couple of years here.  He was a great footballer but ended up a scapegoat for what was overall a shocking defence.  

If ever there was a footballer who suffered from the golfing equivalent of the yips it was him, he went from a decent centre back at that level to a nervous wreck every time the ball came near him... 

17 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I think everyone on this post can be accused of being a bit negative. We had one of Bristol City’s all time great defences with a back line of Ricky Foster, Lewin Nyatanga, Liam Fontaine and Ryan McGivern. Any team was fearful of seeing those 4 on our team sheet. 

One of the biggest shocks was them keeping a clean sheet at West Ham and Southampton that season!

On 02/12/2019 at 09:15, marcofisher said:

I think everyone on this post can be accused of being a bit negative. We had one of Bristol City’s all time great defences with a back line of Ricky Foster, Lewin Nyatanga, Liam Fontaine and Ryan McGivern. Any team Fan was fearful of seeing those 4 on our team sheet. 

Corrected for you 

If memory serves, McInnes kept playing him when he was woefully out of form because he didn't have anyone else to bring in - had he been able to have a break from the first team and got back his confidence, he could have got back to somewhere near the player he was.  As it was, he got worse and worse and ended up in the graveyard that is the Scottish Premiership.

Look at the defenders we had back around that time - Richard Foster, Mark Wilson, Stephen McManus, Matthew Bates, Ryan McGivern, Lewin Nyatanga, Brendan Maloney, Nicky Hunt.........not to mention Dekel Keinan and Danny Wilson!!

1 hour ago, SuperDziek said:

If memory serves, McInnes kept playing him when he was woefully out of form because he didn't have anyone else to bring in - had he been able to have a break from the first team and got back his confidence, he could have got back to somewhere near the player he was.  As it was, he got worse and worse and ended up in the graveyard that is the Scottish Premiership.

Look at the defenders we had back around that time - Richard Foster, Mark Wilson, Stephen McManus, Matthew Bates, Ryan McGivern, Lewin Nyatanga, Brendan Maloney, Nicky Hunt.........not to mention Dekel Keinan and Danny Wilson!!

McIness and that lot. Sigh!

Just been promoted to the Scottish Prem via the play offs with his latest club (Dundee) who he signed for in November - played regularly since and even scored 4 goals along the way. 

On 02/12/2019 at 08:05, Fordy62 said:

I remember going to Northampton to watch City play Coventry. 

We lost 5-4. Fontaine just kept letting the ball bounce from the keepers kicks. My god he was awful. At least it coined the phrase “FFS Fontaine!”

Was at that one too, can still remember Frankley doing a starfish impression for one of the goals.

Fontaine played well, some experience in that Dundee team with Charlie Adam pulling the strings in centre midfield for the Dark Blues. For the first time in 10+ years Scotland will have all its 'big city clubs' (Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee and Dundee Utd) in the top flight next season, so good for the Scottish game.

Archived