IGNORED

Women 5 nil down @ HalfTime...

WhistleHappy

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

0-7, 0-5, 1-11 in last 3 games (Arsenal -twice and Chelsea).

Yeah, but look at the goal differences after 8 matches. Those aren't 'normal' results. 11 goals is obviously an outlier, and very worrying for Bristol City Women, but I don't think it's necessarily indicative of the competitiveness of the league overall.

5s and even a 7 here and there happen in most leagues throughout a season. (Happened in the EFL a few times this season, as well as obviously a 9 in the prem)

5 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Yeah, but look at the goal differences after 8 matches. Those aren't 'normal' results. 11 goals is obviously an outlier, and very worrying for Bristol City Women, but I don't think it's necessarily indicative of the competitiveness of the league overall.

5s and even a 7 here and there happen in most leagues throughout a season. (Happened in the EFL a few times this season, as well as obviously a 9 in the prem)

Yeah, was just querying whether it was becoming a bit two-tier.

Anyone know if there is a transfer window in the Women's game? They certainly could do with strengthening. 

The commentator said it was the nicest 11-1 in history. No yellow cards, barely a foul. They just let Arsenal do what they liked. No pace, no awareness, no tracking runners. Totally inept and overawed. Even the penalty they scored was a feeble kick but the keeper made a hash of saving it.

Bottom of the table clash next against Brum. COYRW

No question that the Gunners are a really good side with lots of top international names, and equally that the City Women are not in the same bracket, but the scores don't lie. It was a league record and very embarrassing. The top women's clubs are pretty similar to the Premiership - no prizes for what makes it so. Naturally, the likes of Mr Lansdown is keen to raise the profile of all his sporting portfolio but this has to be constrained as much as in the men's game. Result - yes, a distinct separation of the WSL.

The girls know the lie of the land, as does the coach. What is worrying is the fact that there are several young academy players getting lots of game time; Coach Oxtoby is complaining that the team does not execute the game plans and are getting turned over.

As things look at the present, City Women could be in a gritty relegation struggle this season. Birmingham are in the same mix, but LIverpool are astonishingly propping up the table. I understand the WSL and second tier holds places by license and so the relegation/promotion is a negotiated system, not necessarily based just on position. So here's hoping it's not us.

Is it time to split the women's team away from Bristol City?  Serious question, but it does seem a shambles this season and doesn't reflect what's happening at the real Bristol City.

I've often said there is nothing wrong whatsoever with women playing football to the level they are, but these teams should not be branded as the same as the men's teams.  They are separate teams in their own right and should be named accordingly.  Reinstate the Bristol Vixens and then we can stop having their results and reports published on the City websites.

Anyone else agree?

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Is it time to split the women's team away from Bristol City?  Serious question, but it does seem a shambles this season and doesn't reflect what's happening at the real Bristol City.

I've often said there is nothing wrong whatsoever with women playing football to the level they are, but these teams should not be branded as the same as the men's teams.  They are separate teams in their own right and should be named accordingly.  Reinstate the Bristol Vixens and then we can stop having their results and reports published on the City websites.

Anyone else agree?

Yes, good luck to them and I hope the players and fans of Bristol women's football enjoy it but it is seriously irritating when it is misleadingly conflated with something in which I am actually interested. 

"Bristol City" has been used to exclusively refer to the men's first team for over a hundred years.  If it isn't the men's first team then it receives a subsequent qualifier as in Bristol City Reserves, Bristol City U23s etc. and because I'm not interested in those either, unless there are special circumstances such as a player returnng from injury, then I know not to read them.

Archived