IGNORED

Women 5 nil down @ HalfTime...

WhistleHappy

13 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Is it time to split the women's team away from Bristol City?  Serious question, but it does seem a shambles this season and doesn't reflect what's happening at the real Bristol City.

I've often said there is nothing wrong whatsoever with women playing football to the level they are, but these teams should not be branded as the same as the men's teams.  They are separate teams in their own right and should be named accordingly.  Reinstate the Bristol Vixens and then we can stop having their results and reports published on the City websites.

Anyone else agree?

No

More than a bit of an embarrassment to the Club name that.

If you pull on a red shirt and use the name ‘Bristol City’ you put in 110% effort, cover your team mates backs and leave nothing, absolutely nothing, on the pitch. You certainly don’t trot around like a bunch of clueless show ponies.

Assume we are amateurs up against a professional Arsenal outfit. Nevertheless, that was worse than awful. 

Steve, either make us a professional outfit or forget it. 

3 hours ago, RedRock said:

If you pull on a red shirt and use the name ‘Bristol City’ you put in 110% effort, cover your team mates backs and leave nothing, absolutely nothing, on the pitch. You certainly don’t trot around like a bunch of clueless show ponies.

Assume we are amateurs up against a professional Arsenal outfit. Nevertheless, that was worse than awful. 

Some are professionals aren't they ?

Certainly the squad has players who aren't locals.

3 hours ago, RedRock said:

You think that has always happened with the mens team over the years?!

2 hours ago, Super said:

You think that has always happened with the mens team over the years?!

I can’t recall an 11 goal capitulation. So no.

Some dire individual performances but I don’t think we’ve plumbed those depths as a team.

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

This is both a football forum and a Bristol City forum.

Luckily, Bristol City Women's Football Club meets both criteria :yes:

Bristol City (men's) team

Formed 1894 as Bristol South End, changing their name to Brstol City in 1897 on admission to the Southern League.

122 years of history as Bristol City and what anybody mentioning Bristol City means as Bristol City.

Bristol City (women's) team

Formed in 1998 from a merger between Bristol Rovers' women's team and Welsh side Cable-Tel LFC.

Name changed to Bristol Academy in 2005 whilst being known as "The Gas Girls".

Bristol Rovers abandoned them in 2006 and Bristol Academy started funding them.

In 2016 this team was renamed Bristol City Women's FC.

Three years of history as Bristol City.

I see the tiniest smidgen of a difference in two teams claiming to call themsleves Bristol City there.

And we take the piss of out the Franchise FC that is MK Dons.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Bristol City (men's) team

Formed 1894 as Bristol South End, changing their name to Brstol City in 1897 on admission to the Southern League.

122 years of history as Bristol City and what anybody mentioning Bristol City means as Bristol City.

Bristol City (women's) team

Formed in 1998 from a merger between Bristol Rovers' women's team and Welsh side Cable-Tel LFC.

Name changed to Bristol Academy in 2005 whilst being known as "The Gas Girls".

Bristol Rovers abandoned them in 2006 and Bristol Academy started funding them.

In 2016 this team was renamed Bristol City Women's FC.

Three years of history as Bristol City.

I see the tiniest smidgen of a difference in two teams claiming to call themsleves Bristol City there.

And we take the piss of out the Franchise FC that is MK Dons.

Not sure how any of the above is relevant. They are a football team that represents Bristol City. Therefore, they are fair game for discussion on both a football forum and a Bristol City forum. 

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Not sure how any of the above is relevant. They are a football team that represents Bristol City. Therefore, they are fair game for discussion on both a football forum and a Bristol City forum. 

So maybe we should rename the forum TTIB (two teams in Bristol) ?

5 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

There are many football teams that represent Bristol City and play under that name: various age groups, womens, and disabled.

There remains only one Bristol City and that is where 99% of the interest lies so the structure of the forum should recognise that.

Or just let it become an absolute mess where every thread saying "Bristiol City wins" has to be checked to ascertain which of the legion of Bristol Cities is the subject of said thread.

10 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Is it time to split the women's team away from Bristol City?  Serious question, but it does seem a shambles this season and doesn't reflect what's happening at the real Bristol City.

I've often said there is nothing wrong whatsoever with women playing football to the level they are, but these teams should not be branded as the same as the men's teams.  They are separate teams in their own right and should be named accordingly.  Reinstate the Bristol Vixens and then we can stop having their results and reports published on the City websites.

Anyone else agree?

You spout some absolute rubbish on other threads but this is top of the pile. 

Not sure who you think you are ? Splitting the teams....first sign of difficulty and let's just write the women off? You're weren't saying that last season when they finished mid table on a bottom 2 budget. This season a squad full of academy players with a vision of long term sustainability. 

Interestingly people like you just want to buy instant success and fist sign of trouble you want to split the club's up? Watch out Bristol rugby , don't lose or redkev will want you out. Absolutely ridiculous. 

What dinasours and arm chair fans like you don't see is what bcfc women are doing for the girls aged 6-16 in the community and giving hope to young girls locally that there is a pathway to play premier League football for there local team. 

Maybe you need to go away and learn what being a fan is all about. 

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

You spout some absolute rubbish on other threads but this is top of the pile. 

Not sure who you think you are ? Splitting the teams....first sign of difficulty and let's just write the women off? You're weren't saying that last season when they finished mid table on a bottom 2 budget. This season a squad full of academy players with a vision of long term sustainability. 

Interestingly people like you just want to buy instant success and fist sign of trouble you want to split the club's up? Watch out Bristol rugby , don't lose or redkev will want you out. Absolutely ridiculous. 

What dinasours and arm chair fans like you don't see is what bcfc women are doing for the girls aged 6-16 in the community and giving hope to young girls locally that there is a pathway to play premier League football for there local team. 

Maybe you need to go away and learn what being a fan is all about. 

Maybe @reddogkev just supports Bristol City; and not the plethora of other teams and sports spontaneously emerging under the Bristol Sports umbrella.

I know I do.  I couldn't give a monkey's about speedway, basketball, women's team whatever.

There is only one team that the vast majority of us support.  I know Steve Lansdown has this "Bristol Sport" vision in the mode or Barcelona but most people think he's away with the fairies with that one.

Dress a donkey in red and white and call it Bristol City and you'd be cheering it on.

10 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Anyone else agree?

Agreed. I also feel the women’s team results are shoved down people’s throats a bit by the Bristol City Twitter page’s insistence to RT them and for their news to be on the website.

They are a separate entity entirely and I don’t mind how they get on. Put it on their own social media pages and website by all means.

Reading that back I appreciate that sounds bad but it’s my honest view. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. I also feel the women’s team results are shoved down people’s throats a bit by the Bristol City Twitter page’s insistence to RT them and for their news to be on the website.

They are a separate entity entirely and I don’t mind how they get on. Put it on their own social media pages and website by all means.

Reading that back I appreciate that sounds bad but it’s my honest view. 

Reading back it sounds bad..... 

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Maybe @reddogkev just supports Bristol City; and not the plethora of other teams and sports spontaneously emerging under the Bristol Sports umbrella.

I know I do.  I couldn't give a monkey's about speedway, basketball, women's team whatever.

There is only one team that the vast majority of us support.  I know Steve Lansdown has this "Bristol Sport" vision in the mode or Barcelona but most people think he's away with the fairies with that one.

Dress a donkey in red and white and call it Bristol City and you'd be cheering it on.

Personally, I quite like the concept... and it’s working, as I’m reasonably interested in the rugby, basketball and, believe it or not the women’s football. 

As with the men’s football, I quite expect us to lose to better resourced Clubs.  It’s the manner of the loss. There is never any excuse for rolling over. A record 11-1 defeat (following on from two other heavy defeats) is ‘rag bag’ in my opinion and not worthy of our name. 

Anyhow, Brum isn’t it next weekend? A massive, absolutely massive response is required ladies.

Archived