IGNORED

Women 5 nil down @ HalfTime...

WhistleHappy

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

Personally, I quite like the concept... and it’s working, as I’m reasonably interested in the rugby, basketball and, believe it or not the women’s football. 

As with the men’s football, I quite expect us to lose to better resourced Clubs.  It’s the manner of the loss. There is never any excuse for rolling over. A record 11-1 defeat (following on from two other heavy defeats) is ‘rag bag’ in my opinion and not worthy of our name. 

Anyhow, Brum isn’t it next weekend? A massive, absolutely massive response is required ladies.

The best of British luck to you sir and I respect your wide interest in sport.

It's just that those of us who have 40+ years of Bristol City supporting under our belts would prefer that the club continued in the same manner as we continued to support it.

1 minute ago, !james said:

Some precious people on, it's hardly "rammed down your throats" on social media either, maybe just swipe past it next time? Crisis averted? 

Not really, just a preference that I follow social media accounts for Bristol City news - which I think is understandable.

I'm not that bothered, just giving my view on a thread. 

2 minutes ago, !james said:

Some precious people on, it's hardly "rammed down your throats" on social media either, maybe just swipe past it next time? Crisis averted? 

As yiou are clearly interested why do you not then support the creation of a spearate subforum where you can discuss the merits of the women's team's players and their results each week?

Why must it be forced inrto the forum to discuss the actual Bristol City team when most people are not interested?

Just now, Eddie Hitler said:

As yiou are clearly interested why do you not then support the creation of a spearate subforum where you can discuss the merits of the women's team's players and their results each week?

Why must it be forced inrto the forum to discuss the actual Bristol City team when most people are not interested?

Because it's Bristol City football? Gender equality and all that. 

No point debating this with people like you! 

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The best of British luck to you sir and I respect your wide interest in sport.

It's just that those of us who have 40+ years of Bristol City supporting under our belts would prefer that the club continued in the same manner as we continued to support it.

When you get to 50+ years of Bristol City supporting you broaden your horizons.

I think it’s nature’s way of softening the impact of perpetual disappointment. 

4 minutes ago, !james said:

Because it's Bristol City football? Gender equality and all that. 

No point debating this with people like you! 

It's nothing to do with gender equality.

I have supported the same team since I first saw them in 1979 and that is all in which I'm interested.

If a transgender Bristol City team suddenly started up, and bear in mind that Bristol City women have only been going for three years, should I immediately throw all my loyalty behind them?

My heroes are Gow, Sweeney, Rodgers, Newman, Agostino, Taylor, Carey etc.

That's my team; not some random team labelling itself 'Bristol City'.

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well why do it then?

If you're interested then talk about within a forum where other people are interested.

Don't keep forcing it into a forum about an entirely separate team.

Football chat.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Football chat.

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Forcing it ......haha pathetic! 

Go to a women's football forum if you're so interested because most people really couldn't give a stuff about it.

Do a poll if you are so convinced of the worth of your religious zeal.

Nobody gives a monkey's bar a handful of very vocal proponents.

Go to a women's football forum if you're so interested because most people really couldn't give a stuff about it.

13 minutes ago, FrozenRobin said:

Bristol City and Bristol city WOMAN are different football clubs. 

Not the same sport

Not the same leagues

Not the same club

doesn't mean I don't like Bristol city women, but they are a different club altogether from Bristol City men

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Do a poll if you are so convinced of the worth of your religious zeal.

Nobody gives a monkey's bar a handful of very vocal proponents.

Just ignore it. Really isnt that difficult to do.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Just ignore it. Really isnt that difficult to do.

Why don't you want a separate women's football forum?  A forum where you can talk about the players, the results and not have it drowned out by the endless chatter about the men's football.

If I was really interested in the women's team then that is absolutely what I would want.

Why don't you want a separate women's football forum?  A forum where you can talk about the players, the results and not have it drowned out by the endless chatter about the men's football.

If I was really interested in the women's team then that is absolutely what I would want.

No its fine here thanks. All football stuff together.

The women's game is going through a rapid transformation at the moment. Big clubs are investing to get their women's side up to scratch. Top class foreign players are playing here whereas before they were elsewhere. 

The City women have a model of giving young players a chance whilst doing their A levels etc at SGS. The likes of Lauren Hemp etc benefitted from this. Trouble is this means you litetally have teenagers trying to compete with top class international's.  

A result like yesterday's was coming and either SL decides to take the top level women's game seriously and invest or he accepts that the division below is where they need to be based on the current model. 

Bristol City have 125 years of history. And now someone else borrows the name and we're asked to imagine they are some sort of parallel/related club. 

Good luck to them, but not for me thanks. They aren't Bristol City, just using the name as a leg up. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Bristol City have 125 years of history. And now someone else borrows the name and we're asked to imagine they are some sort of parallel/related club. 

Good luck to them, but not for me thanks. They aren't Bristol City, just using the name as a leg up. 

No, they’re a club under the umbrella of Bristol City FC. Not using the name for a leg up or borrowing it. 

Yes they aren’t the same as the men’s team but it doesn’t mean they aren’t ‘Bristol City’

Just now, FrozenRobin said:

I don't see Korey Smith for example playing for BCWFC, because he can't, and vixe versa

And that makes women’s football a completely different sport how?

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Yes they aren’t the same as the men’s team but it doesn’t mean they aren’t ‘Bristol City’

And that makes women’s football a completely different sport how?

I never said it was completely different, but who can play the game is quite a big factor in a sport

take wheelchair basketball, men can't play women's footy, people in wheelchairs can't play basketball. People not in wheelchairs can't play wheelchair basketball, women can't play mes football.

Otherwise the factors, rules are, yes, the same

Archived