IGNORED

Women 5 nil down @ HalfTime...

WhistleHappy

Just now, FrozenRobin said:

I never said it was completely different, but who can play the game is quite a big factor in a sport

take wheelchair basketball, men can't play women's footy, people in wheelchairs can't play basketball. People not in wheelchairs can't play wheelchair basketball, women can't play mes football.

Otherwise the factors, rules are, yes, the same

You said they aren’t the same sport, which is basically the same. 

And comparing wheelchair basketball, which I believe has different rules to ordinary basketball, to women’s football which is the same as men’s, is odd.

Still not seeing how women’s football is in any way a different sport to men’s, the quality isn’t the same at the corresponding levels, granted, but that doesn’t make it a different sport

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

And comparing wheelchair basketball, which I believe has different rules to ordinary basketball, to women’s football which is the same as men’s, is odd.

Still not seeing how women’s football is in any way a different sport to men’s, the quality isn’t the same at the corresponding levels, granted, but that doesn’t make it a different sport

It's the same sport.

But most people don't support a "sport"; they support a team.

Manchester United play the same sport as Bristol City but I don't suppiort they bunch of tossers.

Just now, Eddie Hitler said:

It's the same sport.

But most people don't support a "sport"; they support a team.

Manchester United play the same sport as Bristol City but I don't suppiort they bunch of tossers.

I’m not saying people should support them, I check out for their results but have never been to a game and don’t support them. 

Was questioning why @FrozenRobin saw women’s football as a different sport to mens, which is clearly isn’t...

I’m not saying people should support them, I check out for their results but have never been to a game and don’t support them. 

Was questioning why @FrozenRobin saw women’s football as a different sport to mens, which is clearly isn’t...

Same sport different team.

Of if all you're interested in is the sport then why not follow Bristol Rovers as they play football? (I am jesting of course)

its not that hard mate,

who can play the game?

women

what game is it?

football

What sport therefore is it?

women's football

who can play the game?

men

what sport therefore is it?

men's football

4 minutes ago, FrozenRobin said:

its not that hard mate,

who can play the game?

women

what game is it?

football

What sport therefore is it?

women's football

who can play the game?

men

what sport therefore is it?

men's football

No, they’re both football. There is no difference between the way the game is played, they certainly aren’t separate sports

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

And yet their still both football teams, do we play a different sport to Man City because they’re a different team in a different league to us?

Of course not; and nor does your local primary school's first XI.

Do you follow all local football teams because they are playing the same sport under the same set of rules?

Obviously not,.

It is not a question of what they play or the competency with which they play it but who they are and what their history is.

By your logic we should be as interested in the progress of Bristol Manor Farm as we are Bristol City; given that they are a local team playing football.

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Of course not; and nor does your local primary school's first XI.

Do you follow all local football teams because they are playing the same sport under the same set of rules?

Obviously not,.

It is not a question of what they play or the competency with which they play it but who they are and what their history is.

By your logic we should be as interested in the progress of Bristol Manor Farm as we are Bristol City; given that they are a local team playing football.

I really don’t get what you’re getting at, I was responding to a post which said women’s football is not the same sport as men’s. What does that have to do with BMF or the local primary schools 1st XI?

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I really don’t get what you’re getting at, I was responding to a post which said women’s football is not the same sport as men’s. What does that have to do with BMF or the local primary schools 1st XI?

My point is that whilst they may have the same rules they are not the same game because there is segregation by both age and sex.

That to my mind makes them different unlike, say, equestrian sports where there is no separation by sex.

Archived