Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
WhistleHappy

Women 5 nil down @ HalfTime...

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

And yet their still both football teams, do we play a different sport to Man City because they’re a different team in a different league to us?

Of course not; and nor does your local primary school's first XI.

Do you follow all local football teams because they are playing the same sport under the same set of rules?

Obviously not,.

It is not a question of what they play or the competency with which they play it but who they are and what their history is.

By your logic we should be as interested in the progress of Bristol Manor Farm as we are Bristol City; given that they are a local team playing football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Of course not; and nor does your local primary school's first XI.

Do you follow all local football teams because they are playing the same sport under the same set of rules?

Obviously not,.

It is not a question of what they play or the competency with which they play it but who they are and what their history is.

By your logic we should be as interested in the progress of Bristol Manor Farm as we are Bristol City; given that they are a local team playing football.

I really don’t get what you’re getting at, I was responding to a post which said women’s football is not the same sport as men’s. What does that have to do with BMF or the local primary schools 1st XI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I really don’t get what you’re getting at, I was responding to a post which said women’s football is not the same sport as men’s. What does that have to do with BMF or the local primary schools 1st XI?

My point is that whilst they may have the same rules they are not the same game because there is segregation by both age and sex.

That to my mind makes them different unlike, say, equestrian sports where there is no separation by sex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I’ve replied this before and I’ll reply it again!!

 

NO ONE CARES!!!!!

Put it in a sub forum like transfers etc etc 

But you care enough to click on the thread which is clearly marked Women and reply to it? 🤯🤭

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, !james said:

But you care enough to click on the thread which is clearly marked Women and reply to it? 🤯🤭

I bet he doesn't care enough to respond

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...