IGNORED

Bounce

Davefevs

Might be me being grumpy, but anyone think that 2-0 after half-hour is a bit premature for ‘bounce around the ground’.  I accept there was a bit of a lull in the game as Huddersfield looked to just play it around and take the sting out, and perhaps crowd were looking to get us going.

But asking Johnson to bounce and him respond at 2-0, 10 seconds before we concede looks a bit crap (and arrogant)...should’ve left it to the end when win secured.

Bah humbug on my part possibly!

Just now, pl00peh91 said:

Yeah especially as 2 mins after Johnson did his bounce they scored to make it 2-1... it’s complacent and should be left until the last few minutes when victory is assured in my opinion. 

Not sure it was even two minutes....same passage of play.

17 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It was just symptomatic of the mood in the ground I think. It was so much more upbeat yesterday and this was all part of it. The fans were really enjoying the game and the way we were playing it. Good to see IMO.

Ok, just me being grumpy then. ?
Tis the season

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Might be me being grumpy, but anyone think that 2-0 after half-hour is a bit premature for ‘bounce around the ground’.  I accept there was a bit of a lull in the game as Huddersfield looked to just play it around and take the sting out, and perhaps crowd were looking to get us going.

But asking Johnson to bounce and him respond at 2-0, 10 seconds before we concede looks a bit crap (and arrogant)...should’ve left it to the end when win secured.

Totally, I hate it when that starts so early in a game. A perfect way to inspire complacency!! 

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

last week this page was full of people complaining at the lack of atmosphere down the gate, this week people  are complaining about bouncing - somewhere along the line, the two are connected. 

Complacent or not, it doesn't matter. 

I thought it was pretty flat yesterday to be honest. Better than some weeks but still a bit quiet between goals. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s just a bit of fun and gets everyone going . Yes it has the potential to backfire!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I agree with you and I disagree with you ... disagree because we haven’t been 2-0 up at home since mid August so any chance to celebrate that should be taken ... but I also agree with your post because it could potentially be taken as arrogance and complacency for our Head Coach to be bouncing up and down so early on in a game. If I was Danny Cowley I would have had a few words, taken the piss a bit and then used LJ’s bouncing as a motivational spur for his team .... so, in summary, “blinking blimey, we’re 2-0 up at home for the first time since it was too hot to sleep at night, let’s start bouncing!” tempered with “wow, we look a bit complacent and arrogant, given big capitulations in our recent history, when holding large leads, let’s not celebrate too early we could look a bit silly!”

3 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I thought it was pretty flat yesterday to be honest. Better than some weeks but still a bit quiet between goals. 

Totally agree, it was good at times and as you say better than some weeks but not great and cant blame the performance on the pitch this time...lots of empty seats aswell...must have been the lowest "actuall" crowd of the season.

At 2-0 it makes sense in the stand but not for LJ but he can't ignore it when it's sang - he couldn't predict the goal was going to come in the following 30 seconds either. It's arm waiving that does it for me - the song is bounce around not do the monster mash.

All preferable to sitting in silence though. 

1 hour ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Remember if you don’t sit in the “east end” or “bounce” you’re not a proper fan and you get booed. 

I take this as a bit of bants and not meant in any we are better way.

I sit fairly close to singing section and thre was a good effort at bouncing from all stands and LJ himself but all got booed anyway.

What I wish and has not happened for a while now is when there has been a decent effort fans start singing Ashton Gate bounce around and keep it going and I think lots more will join in and it will look quite impressive. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No, I agree with you and I winced, finding it embarrassing at that stage. To be clear, it would have been fine later in the game when we were three up and obviously heading for a good win.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes

2 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Remember if you don’t sit in the “east end” or “bounce” you’re not a proper fan and you get booed. 

Everyone boos, it’s pantomime.

People in the ‘east end’ as you call it, were booing themselves ?

Its funny, who gives a ****?

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Better than the week before.I always think the bounce should be reserved for 2nd half not when we are 2-0 up. As we know for us 2-0 is a dangerous score, So yes ramp up the singing but leave the bounce till later.

Archived