IGNORED

Jack Hunt’s post match interview.

Tipps69

15 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What`s the last thing that goes through a fly`s mind when he hits your windscreen?

" Did I lock the front door before I left the house?" 

18 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Sorry if this has been posted anywhere else but did anyone else notice that during his interview on Saturday that he seemed to imply that was a good thing that the shackles had been removed from the players & they were actually allowed to play with some freedom?

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but there was a definite part where when asked about the performance he comments about how good it was to be allowed to play as the players want to play (maybe paraphrasing a bit) but it would surely explain the performances this season & how we seem to of set up more than a little defensive.

I’m really hoping that the players will now be given a bit more freedom to express themselves on the pitch a bit more, Saturday was exactly what the majority of fans have been crying out for & seeing as it worked so well, hopefully we’re now going to see more of the same?

Did you hear the interview with LJ on RB after the game on Saturday ? He said it was very satisfying for him as Head Coach to see the players doing what they had worked on in training all week and how he thought they "had a big win coming". 

Does not sound like any kind of player revolt to me. 

4 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

Did you hear the interview with LJ on RB after the game on Saturday ? He said it was very satisfying for him as Head Coach to see the players doing what they had worked on in training all week and how he thought they "had a big win coming". 

Does not sound like any kind of player revolt to me. 

That's only because you are not a conspiracy theorist TRP.  :)

7 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Yeah & the BA from Shanghai back to London I think.

Its a long trip Nick so good luck. Flown with Air NZ and they are ok.  BA not so much these days. How long you going for ? Perhaps meet up for a bevvie when you are back home.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Having watched the original JH interview he certainly mentioned ‘unshackled’.....Having just watched the interview again on YouTube there is no mention of ‘unshackled’............Hmm...........:cool2:

Perhaps he’s been shackled.

40 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It’s certainly how I read your comments, and I would guess a lot of other people did too.

Well I’ll suggest you’re over-reading things as well then. I have been one of LJ’s biggest supporters since he came in & I have never been in the camp of wanting him out, even when we have gone through our bad runs & I’m no different now.

It just looked to me that through Hunt’s interview, that they were being restricted somewhat & even the people I went to West Brom with were saying that we have to allow the players some freedom to play now because the lack of attacking football wasn’t right. That wasn’t them wanting LJ out, just an observation on the season so far & I've said it many times this season, that the only real ‘Bristol City’ performance we’d put in was away at Derby & maybe Preston to an extent.

We could go away to Man City & attack them 2 seasons ago, with what I would suggest was a worse squad than we have now but we couldn’t really attack against Wigan at home! Tactics & set-up has changed this season. And the players are rightly doing as their manager has instructed.

And for the record, I didn’t actually think the performance at West Brom was that bad, 2 offside goals certainly made the final score line look worse than it should of been. 

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Well I’ll suggest you’re over-reading things as well then. I have been one of LJ’s biggest supporters since he came in & I have never been in the camp of wanting him out, even when we have gone through our bad runs & I’m no different now.

It just looked to me that through Hunt’s interview, that they were being restricted somewhat & even the people I went to West Brom with were saying that we have to allow the players some freedom to play now because the lack of attacking football wasn’t right. That wasn’t them wanting LJ out, just an observation on the season so far & I've said it many times this season, that the only real ‘Bristol City’ performance we’d put in was away at Derby & maybe Preston to an extent.

We could go away to Man City & attack them 2 seasons ago, with what I would suggest was a worse squad than we have now but we couldn’t really attack against Wigan at home! Tactics & set-up has changed this season. And the players are rightly doing as their manager has instructed.

And for the record, I didn’t actually think the performance at West Brom was that bad, 2 offside goals certainly made the final score line look worse than it should of been. 

Umm .. now YOU’RE putting words in MY mouth! Nobody mentioned getting rid of LJ. But you certainly implied Hunt might be unhappy with his previous tactics. That was the whole point of the original post, surely? And all any other poster has said, which I supported, was that you read something into the interview that probably wasn’t there.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Umm .. now YOU’RE putting words in MY mouth! Nobody mentioned getting rid of LJ. But you certainly implied Hunt might be unhappy with his previous tactics. That was the whole point of the original post, surely? And all any other poster has said, which I supported, was that you read something into the interview that probably wasn’t there.

And as I said a couple of times in my previous posts, maybe I was reading too much into the interview? 
But to back to what I was saying up, the way we set-up at home on Saturday was completely different to the way we have set-up in any other game so far this season, free flowing attacking football or am the only one to of noticed it?

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

And as I said a couple of times in my previous posts, maybe I was reading too much into the interview? 
But to back to what I was saying up, the way we set-up at home on Saturday was completely different to the way we have set-up in any other game so far this season, free flowing attacking football or am the only one to of noticed it?

No, we all noticed it. But that’s nothing to do with your OP.

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

No, we all noticed it. But that’s nothing to do with your OP.

Well it is because I’m sure it hadn’t gone unnoticed by the players & staff as well & as someone else suggested, there were probably a few words exchanged after the West Brom game.

I certainly don’t think Saturday’s performance was a coincidence or just down to the players deciding to play differently.

If I thought the players were against LJ then I would of expected issues to of appeared before Saturday / last Wednesday.

On 01/12/2019 at 16:59, Lanterne Rouge said:

I haven`t heard it but I would be very surprised if there hadn`t been some serious air-clearing after the Baggies debacle and maybe a few opinions aired by some players.

If so, it clearly worked as yesterday was a breath of fresh air.

I think there is a stronger minded dressing room with the likes of Korey Smith, Kalas, Adam Nagy and Ashley Williams. Seems odd that Brownhill remains captain but as long as senior pro's speak their minds it should work.

On 01/12/2019 at 18:00, spudski said:

This is turning into one of those threads where someone has read into something, where there's nothing to read...and all of a sudden it's gospel ?

Before you know it...Bristol Post headline...' Shackles off...Players revolt and demand to play their way'...?

Something clearly changed between Wednesday and Saturday, even if it is only the way LJ was thinking. When he consistently picks the same players in a consistent shape, we could actually be quite good..

On 01/12/2019 at 17:24, Tipps69 said:

I guess I’m just a little surprised that LJ has actually set about setting us up so negatively for so much of the season, granted I haven’t been to every game but I’ve only missed a few away games this season & before yesterday, the only games I could say that we actually played ok / well we’re away at Derby & Preston. Every other game we have set-up as the away team, even at home.

But to basically hear it from one of the players, to suggest that they were basically playing against how they would like to play was a bit of an eye opener. Don’t get me wrong, it was long overdue & I don’t solely just put it down to the WBA game, it had been building for the majority of the season but results had papered over the performances & the league table certainly kept supporters quiet. I’m just hoping that now the shackles have been removed & the squad have proved how they can play that they will now be allowed a bit more freedom.

LJ almost always sets up reactively, rather setting out to impose ourselves. Would be great if this becomes the exception. 

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

Having watched the original JH interview he certainly mentioned ‘unshackled’.....Having just watched the interview again on YouTube there is no mention of ‘unshackled’............Hmm...........:cool2:

Do you have a link to the original interview? I can't find it

4 hours ago, The Bard said:

Something clearly changed between Wednesday and Saturday, even if it is only the way LJ was thinking. When he consistently picks the same players in a consistent shape, we could actually be quite very good..

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

LJ almost always sets up reactively, rather setting out to impose ourselves. Would be great if this becomes the exception. 

I would like to think that with injured players returning and an almost full squad available, LJ can start to select teams based on playing to our strengths, rather than countering the opposition.

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

I would like to think that with injured players returning and an almost full squad available, LJ can start to select teams based on playing to our strengths, rather than countering the opposition.

You're an optimist.  Part of me fears him having a fully fit squad as he'll really get carried away overthinking things and chop and change even more..

Archived