IGNORED

One for the football gamblers.

Bristol Rob

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Was it your bet @Bristol Rob

Noticed the guy who tweeted the betting slip is a Liverpool fan

I wish!

I'd never stake £8 on a lottery style set of circumstances. Fair play to those involved, but the reason it paid some generously was for a reason.

And I would imagine the bookie is more than happy to pay out. The fact that this tweet has reached this hidden corner of the web is marketing they could never expect to pay for.

(I don't work for the bookie either).

50 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I wish!

I'd never stake £8 on a lottery style set of circumstances. Fair play to those involved, but the reason it paid some generously was for a reason.

And I would imagine the bookie is more than happy to pay out. The fact that this tweet has reached this hidden corner of the web is marketing they could never expect to pay for.

(I don't work for the bookie either).

We get a lot of these kind of bets, few mates chucking a couple of quid in each, to win stupid amounts if money. Yes, hardly ever comes in, but most people don't miss £2 or so on a Saturday. We had a guy up in Yorkshire a few months back put a Fiver on a 175,000/1 fixed odds 8-fold and it came in. £875,000 in 90 minutes. And yes before anyone says it, I see people lose hundreds, sometimes thousands on a daily basis, so works both ways. Even though I work in a bookies, I love seeing most people win.

Archived