IGNORED

Parallels With 1976

handsofclay

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Both were born in Glasgow?

There might be another link between them but am struggling to see it.......................   :)

Gow.jpg.5dc6f4104ff0e29a8db91dd63a58a078.jpg

massengo.jpg.633ae88eb4e61b80e485fe7a10b07b34.jpg

Gerry How’s hair is effin massive!!! ?

Dicks out / Johnson out has the same meaning.

Diedhiou means Big Cheese(ly) in Senegalese.

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

There are so many parallels between this season and the last time we achieved promotion to the top flight in 1976. It must be a good omen.

1. We had the longest serving manager in the second tier in Alan Dicks and now have that in Lee Johnson.

2. We had a goalkeeper who started his career as a defender in Ray Cashley and now have that with Daniel Bentley.

3. We had a clever young winger in Clive Whitehead and now have that in Niclas Elliason. Niclas Elliason is almost an anagram of Clive Whitehead.

4. We had a midfielder who was hear, he was there, he was every ******* where in Gerry Gow. We now have that in Han Noah Massengo. If you take the last two letters of Massengo and add the first letter but turn it upside down, it miraculously spells Gow!!!!

5. We scored a hatful of goals against a team from Yorkshire that season.

6. The President of the USA was a ********. 

7. We had the name of one of the most popular TV shows of the day in our side, Sweeney. Now we have one of the most popular TV shows of this era on our books in Louis Britton, although he's now on loan at Bath (Britains Got Talent).

8. 2 years earlier we caused a big upset in a cup competition. 

9. It was a leap year in 1976, 2020 will also be a leap year.

10. I can't think of any others and couldn't back then either.

So all bodes well.

The only thing that wasn't like this season was that we beat WBA at The Hawthorns 

The guy's got class!!!

Dont forget, if you take the first three letters of our Magyar/Franco midfield tag team, and put them together, its a very happy NagMas.

There are so many parallels between this season and the last time we achieved promotion to the top flight in 1976. It must be a good omen.

1. We had the longest serving manager in the second tier in Alan Dicks and now have that in Lee Johnson.

2. We had a goalkeeper who started his career as a defender in Ray Cashley and now have that with Daniel Bentley.

3. We had a clever young winger in Clive Whitehead and now have that in Niclas Elliason. Niclas Elliason is almost an anagram of Clive Whitehead.

4. We had a midfielder who was hear, he was there, he was every ******* where in Gerry Gow. We now have that in Han Noah Massengo. If you take the last two letters of Massengo and add the first letter but turn it upside down, it miraculously spells Gow!!!!

7. We had the name of one of the most popular TV shows of the day in our side, Sweeney. Now we have one of the most popular TV shows of this era on our books in Louis Britton, although he's now on loan at Bath (Britains Got Talent).

So all bodes well.

The only thing that wasn't like this season was that we beat WBA at The Hawthorns 

Proof that it’s never too early to start drinking . . . 

So all bodes well.

It's like one of those clickbait sites............... Number 7 will shock you!!

Well done HandsofClay or are you in fact our new favourite Frenchman in disguise?

It's obvious. Take the first three letters of your nomdeplume (another French quote). What a giveaway.

But there is more. You want us to compare 1976 to 2019. The last word in your first paragraph is Omen. That is a top grossing film  and #4 on my list which will reveal more proof.

Here is a list of the top grossing films of 1976. You obviously gave us a clue (please someone help me to prove it) that we had to check the fifth highest grossing movie courtesy of Google. I rest my case.

1. Rocky. Domestic gross: $117.2 million. ...
  2. A Star Is Born. Domestic gross: $80 million. ...
  3. All the President's Men. Domestic gross: $70.6 million. ...
  4. The Omen. Domestic gross: $60.9 million. ...
  5. In Search of Noah's Ark. Domestic gross: $55.7 million. ...
  6. King Kong. Domestic gross: $52.6 million. ...
  7. Silver Streak. ...
  8. The Enforcer.

You are, are you not, Han-Noah?

56 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I always thought Crackers Corner was the Open End/Grandstand corner - seems I was wrong!

Where did away fans go back then?

Crackers Corner was corner of Open end and Dolman 

Away fans went central open end from what I can remember

Rovers were crud in 1976, and below us in the pecking order; with a small contingent of bitter, deluded, scruffily dressed oddballs for a home crowd (and an away following about four times the size), prone to telling fibs. 

Elsewhere, the country was coming to terms with a momentous referendum, referred to around these 'ere parts as "Brentry."

1 minute ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

She flashed her shreddies in my direction, so not bad after having a crush on her nigh on 40 years ago.

There was a far hotter blonde that showed up in music about 10 years later, now what was here name? Wendy James that's it.

Looking back on Youtube, OMFG

22 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

There was a far hotter blonde that showed up in music about 10 years later, now what was here name? Wendy James that's it.

Looking back on Youtube, OMFG

My first proper crush. Looking back she was trashy as hell but the time, smoking hot!

Transvision Vamp certainly sold more records than they were musically entitled to with her fronting them.

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

There might be another link between them but am struggling to see it.......................   :)

If Massengo had gone with a handlebar tache for Movember, I would say 100% we'll be promoted!

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

If Massengo had gone with a handlebar tache for Movember, I would say 100% we'll be promoted!

Archived