IGNORED

preston v WBA worth a look Monday night?

Never to the dark side

17 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Never touched him IMO.

Keeper’s knee hit cleverly trailed leg.  Harsh indeed.  But keeper could’ve easily come out and smothered it, not sure why he paused.  Why do keepers dive-slide....gives the ref an easy excuse.

Jermaine Beckford spot on re keeper.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It wasn’t a dive. The guy was stumbling and the keeper saw him falling and pulled out. There was no contact at all. The ref was in a poor position and made the wrong decision.

Is it possible for you  to contradict yourself anymore ??? 

there’s not contact but it’s not a dive ??????

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Keeper’s knee hit cleverly trailed leg.  Harsh indeed.  But keeper could’ve easily come out and smothered it, not sure why he paused.  Why do keepers dive-slide....gives the ref an easy excuse.

Agree, Bentley is very quick off his line. If that same scenario was with him he’d of been off his line and smothered it 

18 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I haven't seen it myself, but the viewpoint you've quoted is quite valid. If he's stumbled it's not a dive. Doesn't mean it's a penalty necessarily, but it's quite possible for somebody to fall over and it to be neither a penalty nor a dive.

41 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The player was losing his balance and stumbling forward and fell down. Keeper saw it happening and held back and made no contact.

The referee made the wrong decision.

The Baggies are certainly having a run of good luck. Two offside goals against us and a very dodgy penalty tonight,

38 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I haven't seen it myself, but the viewpoint you've quoted is quite valid. If he's stumbled it's not a dive. Doesn't mean it's a penalty necessarily, but it's quite possible for somebody to fall over and it to be neither a penalty nor a dive.

bs but couldn't be bothered to watch it . before you ban me the b is for Bas.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The player was losing his balance and stumbling forward and fell down. Keeper saw it happening and held back and made no contact.

The Baggies are certainly having a run of good luck. Two offside goals against us and a very dodgy penalty tonight,

Keeper should never have given the referee an opportunity to even make a decision, he dithered, he was favourite to get there.  But agree, not a dive, bit of a stumble, tiny bit of contact, but as he was stumbling, not a pen (imho).  But another defeat for Preston, can’t say I’m that fussed ?

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No , he wasn’t stumbling at all he was anticipating contact so started diving ?

Many replies on here criticising the ref for a poor decision. 
How can the ref have given anything but a penalty. 
It’s cheating. By the WBA player. We should all call it out and condemn it rather than blame the ref. 

The consensus view should be “the player cheated and won his team the game. This is wrong, he’s conned the officials and cheated, and the FA should apply a retrospective 3 game ban”. 

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Keeper should never have given the referee an opportunity to even make a decision, he dithered, he was favourite to get there.  But agree, not a dive, bit of a stumble, tiny bit of contact, but as he was stumbling, not a pen (imho).  But another defeat for Preston, can’t say I’m that fussed ?

Agree with this, keeper should never have given the ref a decision to make, looked a poor decision but definitely a dive so the blame lies with the Albion player for conning the ref.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah yeah, good point- still think there should be some kind of punishment though, but if it's covered by the regs, I don't know.

I agree, it was just with your reference to Bailey and the infamous 3 match ban plus the recinding of the other players red card. 

The authorities bring out new laws that they are unwilling to enforce, (with some clubs anyway!)

Archived