IGNORED

BCFC women poll

FrozenRobin

BCFC Women argument  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Give it a thread and sticky it? If Rovers have a thread with almost 1200 pages why not do one for the women? Anyone who wants to debate it has easy access to it and people who don't like multiple threads on it cropping up just have to avoid one thread

8 minutes ago, Daniel James said:

Would prefer a women’s area and a men’s area like the non football chat area

Talking about women's "football" and preferring a woman's area, I'll just leave this here.........

5 minutes ago, !james said:

Because it's such a hard ship to not click on the occasional thread about women's football? This forum is called 'All Things Football'... 

Can we have a separate forum for the Rovers thread too then please?  

We have a single thread for it.

Whether BCFC women have a separate forum or a single thread is equally good.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Bloody hell, I don't think anyone would say they don't give a shit about them, before it's too late you should amend that if you can, Frozen Rob, it looks and reads terrible.

Depends on the context, I really have no interest in women’s football, don’t click on the threads usually, so you could say I don’t give a shit about them.  That said, I hope they enjoy what they do, if it encourages girls to get out and exercise and learn some lessons in life that team sports teach, then fine.

16 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It’s a football chat, not specifically city so why wouldn’t we discuss them here?

Exactly this and we are all part of a bigger picture funded by Mr L so why not just accept it.

After all most people are sensible with topic headers so if you want to avoid you can in general.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Depends on the context, I really have no interest in women’s football, don’t click on the threads usually, so you could say I don’t give a shit about them.  That said, I hope they enjoy what they do, if it encourages girls to get out and exercise and learn some lessons in life that team sports teach, then fine.

Absolutely.

Anybody out playing sports is good be it women's rugby or transgender squash.

I'm not actually interested in it however and don't want it being stealth posted into news of a team in which I am interested.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Pretty much my thoughts. Women's football goes in the same filing cabinet as cats, Nepal and the Monster Raving Loony Party. They exist, they have no bearing on my life, but I hope they carry on enjoying what they're doing.

2 minutes ago, Meh said:

Exactly this and we are all part of a bigger picture funded by Mr L so why not just accept it.

After all most people are sensible with topic headers so if you want to avoid you can in general.

But this is why we have rules on the forum so that people know what to expect in a particular subforum.

We won last Saturday, comfortably, 5-2. So don't want this muddied by headlines about an entirely separate team losing 11-1 to a totally separate Man City team.

• Admin
57 minutes ago, Daniel James said:

Would prefer a women’s area and a men’s area like the non football chat area

But how far do we divide the site? 

U23s 

Premier 

Championship 

European 

To me it's simpler as it is

What I don't understand is the number of people who moan about womens football on a thread. It's simple if you don't have any interest don't read the thread and especially don't bother replying 

I wouldn't vote for any of the options, they certainly are not equal to the mens team but as its clearly a football forum it has a place 

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

But this is why we have rules on the forum so that people know what to expect in a particular subforum.

We won last Saturday, comfortably, 5-2. So don't want this muddied by headlines about an entirely separate team losing 11-1 to a totally separate Man City team.

But it's very clear it's not relevant to the mens side 

I take a glancing interest purely because their name associates them with Bristol City, otherwise I couldn’t care less. 
It’s nice that women get the opportunity to play the game, but it’s got nothing to do with us really and I wouldn’t even class women’s football as “football”. It’s more of a separate sport in its own right, as far as I’m concerned. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I take a glancing interest purely because their name associates them with Bristol City, otherwise I couldn’t care less. 
It’s nice that women get the opportunity to play the game, but it’s got nothing to do with us really and I wouldn’t even class women’s football as “football”. It’s more of a separate sport in its own right, as far as I’m concerned. 

Same here, no interest what so ever. 

A separate forum would be best. It might actually be good as people who do support them may be put off joining on here as the threads about them will be lost amongst the men's ones  

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

Same here, no interest what so ever. 

A separate forum would be best. It might actually be good as people who do support them may be put off joining on here as the threads about them will be lost amongst the men's ones  

Plus would stop every thread degenerating into an argument about the merits (or lack of) of the women's game.

Archived