IGNORED

BCFC women poll

FrozenRobin

BCFC Women argument  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It doesn't.

That's like saying all non-heavyweight boxers are rubbish because the heavyweight boxers would always beat them.

That's why you have weight categories.

It really irrationally gets on my tits.

19 hours ago, !james said:

Because it's such a hard ship to not click on the occasional thread about women's football? This forum is called 'All Things Football'... 

Can we have a separate forum for the Rovers thread too then please?  

Exactly, I don't know what the big deal is.

I don't read every thread about the mens team, up to you whether you click on anything or not

16 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

I'm still trying to work out if Eddie dislikes womens football or just women. There seems to be a lot of sexism in this thread.

Neither; try reading this and the other thread properly before dusting off your virtue signalling.

What I dislike is passing off and deliberately conflating two separate things.

"Bristol City" is universally recognised as referring to the men's first team so should be used in that manner; just as England refers to the men's first team.

25 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

I'm still trying to work out if Eddie dislikes womens football or just women. There seems to be a lot of sexism in this thread.

He is a seasoned campaigner on this matter it appears. Clearly something that keeps him up at night. 

25 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I watched several women's World Cup games and enjoyed them.

Women's football does work as a spectator sport and that an U16 men's team, or whatever, could beat them has no bearing at all upon that.

At the very top end 11.7m people watched England women vs USA women in this country. 12.8m watched the Rugby World Cup final. As a spectator sport its really not far off these kinds of events and it is growing.

7 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Got to support them, defiantly follow them and their progress. they just need an injection of cash, probably no more then the fee of one of our better players, would allow them to get into the top half of the table.

The thing is, Manchester United have only just set up a women's team last year because they didn't think it was financially viable. Most teams in the WSL are loss making massively, but premier league teams are seeing it only has one trajectory. This year they got sponsorship from Barclays I believe, and it'll only get bigger and bigger.

1 hour ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Can not stand seeing them on bcfc.co.uk

Get your own website and once in a blue moon drop a womens story on our page its fine.might aswell start doing under 15s academy news on bcfc. Co. Uk because thats about the same level of womens football quality.

Why have i never seen an under 10s  article on bcfc website then?

You hate everything so your view on this doesn’t exactly mean much 

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Neither; try reading this and the other thread properly before dusting off your virtue signalling.

What I dislike is passing off and deliberately conflating two separate things.

"Bristol City" is universally recognised as referring to the men's first team so should be used in that manner; just as England refers to the men's first team.

To be fair this does piss me off.  Scroll the Football page on BBC sport, see "England beating Scotland 19-0", think Oh shit I've missed that there was a game on and then realise that of course it's that England.
I don't have anything against women playing but let's not try and mislead people into being interested.
I don't see why we'd need a subforum on here though.

5 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Can not stand seeing them on bcfc.co.uk

Get your own website and once in a blue moon drop a womens story on our page its fine.might aswell start doing under 15s academy news on bcfc. Co. Uk because thats about the same level of womens football quality.

Why have i never seen an under 10s  article on bcfc website then?

Because of safe guarding issues publishing details of children at that age can be problematic. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Nibor said:

To be fair this does piss me off.  Scroll the Football page on BBC sport, see "England beating Scotland 19-0", think Oh shit I've missed that there was a game on and the realise that of course it's that England.
I don't have anything against women playing but let's not try and mislead people into being interested.

The BBC do seem to have embraced it and some, the reporting used to make it in no doubt they were reporting in a women’s game, now you have to have your wits about you to tell what gender of the game they are referring to.  It seems as if they are deliberately baiting sometimes, to wind people up.

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

The BBC do seem to have embraced it and some, the reporting used to make it in no doubt they were reporting in a women’s game, now you have to have your wits about you to tell what gender of the game they are referring to.  It seems as if they are deliberately baiting sometimes, to wind people up.

They aren't daft. They know that if the headline specifies that it's about the women's game then a lot will just scroll past and ignore it.

Not that bothered.

Would be nice to see the Bristol City name on a trophy and all that but I'm never gunna get upset if they get relegated either. 

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Why would anyone want to shag her husband?

He might be fit. 

11 hours ago, Nibor said:

To be fair this does piss me off.  Scroll the Football page on BBC sport, see "England beating Scotland 19-0", think Oh shit I've missed that there was a game on and then realise that of course it's that England.
I don't see why we'd need a subforum on here though.

I think the clue's in the title of the page it's on, where it says "Women's Football"

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I think the clue's in the title of the page it's on, where it says "Women's Football"

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. On the football page, not womens football page, there are often titles of articles written deliberately in a mbiguous way e.g. referring to England not England women or Lionesses. You don't know until you click into the article that it's not about the national team that most people would think is being referred to.

I am indifferent to womens football but I do watch it on tv and take only a mild interest in Bristol City ladies. There it is Bristol City!! If we look at bcfc.co.uk there are numerous teams that are part of the club I am also only mildly interested in most of them and they clearly are part of the club.

I wonder if people would take the same attitude YOU ARE NOT BRISTOL CITY to the disabilities teams?

16 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

So? What does it actually matter?

My response was to the poster who said that the womens team was of the same standard as City's under 15's . I don't think we have under 15's but happy to stand corrected on that, but I have absolutely no doubt that the womens team is nowhere near the standard of a mid aged boys team at the Academy.

On the BS ebsite the women are given equal billing to the mens football and rugby (and basketball) They do not merit such exposure.

It was very much like Team Bath back in the day, where elite athletes in men and womens sports were associated with the University and used their world class facilitues... as did the middling conference south football team who performed in front of two men and a dog.

22 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

My response was to the poster who said that the womens team was of the same standard as City's under 15's . I don't think we have under 15's but happy to stand corrected on that, but I have absolutely no doubt that the womens team is nowhere near the standard of a mid aged boys team at the Academy.

On the BS ebsite the women are given equal billing to the mens football and rugby (and basketball) They do not merit such exposure.

It was very much like Team Bath back in the day, where elite athletes in men and womens sports were associated with the University and used their world class facilitues... as did the middling conference south football team who performed in front of two men and a dog.

Bristol City do have an male academy U15's team.

Having a family member in the academy system at U14's I would state some of City's women compare favourably (I have watched the women play). There are exceptional outliers in the women's game who could compete in the mens game at lower levels. Technique is not limited by physical ability and that is where comparison is uneven. Females can and do very much hold their own v males in football given the same opportunity and experiences through development stages. Males post puberty have bio mechanical advantages the women cannot possess and at U15's kids are young men.  

In regards to team Bath where one of my acquaintances is the futsal coach teams are given equal billing because that is the point. They are developing and educating equally to the best of their ability. 

Archived