IGNORED

BCFC women poll

FrozenRobin

BCFC Women argument  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Nibor said:

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. On the football page, not womens football page, there are often titles of articles written deliberately in a mbiguous way e.g. referring to England not England women or Lionesses. You don't know until you click into the article that it's not about the national team that most people would think is being referred to.

I don't want to sound rude but all articles have a picture next to them 99% of the time it is very easy to figure out what the post relates to.

Even with a basic knowledge of football people would know if they saw a reference to a game they would realise whether it is for the men or the women

41 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Bristol City do have an male academy U15's team.

Having a family member in the academy system at U14's I would state some of City's women compare favourably (I have watched the women play). There are exceptional outliers in the women's game who could compete in the mens game at lower levels. Technique is not limited by physical ability and that is where comparison is uneven. Females can and do very much hold their own v males in football given the same opportunity and experiences through development stages. Males post puberty have bio mechanical advantages the women cannot possess and at U15's kids are young men.  

In regards to team Bath where one of my acquaintances is the futsal coach teams are given equal billing because that is the point. They are developing and educating equally to the best of their ability. 

Sorry I thought they went from U14's to U16's but we are talking here about Bristol City women not a global superstar.

Team Bath dropped the mens football team when they were told they could progress no further than Conference South so no equal billing there.

Seems like things will stay as they are. My view is that womens teams should sit on the community side of the club because they will in no way benefit the team which 99% of people watch or claim to follow, unlike the male academy where the club is getting better at bringing players through to the senior squad and arguably helping the academy pay its way for a number fo years when moved on.

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Sorry I thought they went from U14's to U16's but we are talking here about Bristol City women not a global superstar.

Team Bath dropped the mens football team when they were told they could progress no further than Conference South so no equal billing there.

Seems like things will stay as they are. My view is that womens teams should sit on the community side of the club because they will in no way benefit the team which 99% of people watch or claim to follow, unlike the male academy where the club is getting better at bringing players through to the senior squad and arguably helping the academy pay its way for a number fo years when moved on.

I don't understand your first line. The academy has teams from U9 lower of Ian Rossiters North Somerset development is looked upon as part of its structure.   

Team Bath left the conference because they did not meet the criteria set out to remain a conference club. Team Bath still run male football teams and the intent is to feed players into Bath City - Southampton.

My view is that that Womens football is part of the club. A club that exists for the benefit of its community/fans to watch and to play for if good enough - Male and Female. That is what clubs essentially were. 

As other posters have pointed out. We choose to be interested, or indifferent but until BCFC/Mr Lansdown says otherwise womens football is part of the club. Personally I feel well done Mr Lansdown.

16 hours ago, Nibor said:

To be fair this does piss me off.  Scroll the Football page on BBC sport, see "England beating Scotland 19-0", think Oh shit I've missed that there was a game on and then realise that of course it's that England.
I don't have anything against women playing but let's not try and mislead people into being interested.
I don't see why we'd need a subforum on here though.

This is a very valid point and indeed my major gripe. 

I seem to recall there being some championship games on one day, the same day as the women’s FA Cup semi final or something. The main link on the beeb was the the women’s game and I had to search hard for the champ link.  It does seem like a concerted effort is being made to make people like it. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This is a very valid point and indeed my major gripe. 

I seem to recall there being some championship games on one day, the same day as the women’s FA Cup semi final or something. The main link on the beeb was the the women’s game and I had to search hard for the champ link.  It does seem like a concerted effort is being made to make people like it. 

In fairness it does need promoting and it's clearly working with some of the attendances at games these days.

Archived