Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

lost black rat

Top 6 prediction

yes I realise its not even half way in to the session yet but will be intresting to see  how close or far away your predictions will be come the end of the session

1. West Brom

2. Fulham

3. city

4. Leeds

5. Brentford

6. Sheffield Wednesday 

I think the top 4 will all spend big ( over £10 million ) and automatic promotion will go down to the last 2 games

a prize for whoever gets the closest  I've got half a cheese and marmite toasted sandwich left over from last night I will keep it warm for who ever wins 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, lost black rat said:

yes I realise its not even half way in to the session yet but will be intresting to see  how close or far away your predictions will be come the end of the session

1. West Brom

2. Fulham

3. city

4. Leeds

5. Brentford

6. Sheffield Wednesday 

I think the top 4 will all spend big ( over £10 million ) and automatic promotion will go down to the last 2 games

a prize for whoever gets the closest  I've got half a cheese and marmite toasted sandwich left over from last night I will keep it warm for who ever wins 

1. West Brom

2. Fulham

3. Forest

4. Leeds

5. Wednesday

6. Brentford

City to just miss out in 7th, which would still be an improvement in league position.

• Like 5

Worth pointing out that its possible that Sheff.Weds may get a hefty points deduction in the near future.

Not sure about Leeds, they tailed off badly last season but should make the playoffs.

WBA 

Fulham

City

Leeds

Cardiff

Brentford

• Like 1

Well I agree with the above that Preston and Swansea will fall away.

WBA

Leeds

Fulham

Forest

Brentford

6th???? Please be us...

• Like 2

Depends how much the midfield four that started on saturday( Nagy, Massengo, Brownhill, Eliasson) play together for me.

If they play together for most of the rest of the season I think we might make it.

1. WBA

2. Fulham

3.Leeds

4. Sheff Wed.

5. Forest

6. City

West Brom 

Fulham 

Leeds 

Preston 

Bristol City 

Brentford 

I predict the current 4 pull away slightly, WBA/Leeds/Fulham/Forest leaving us, Brentford, Preston, Swansea, Sheff Wed and maybe Cardiff to fight for the last two places.

Narrowing that down further, I don't rate Swansea at all, Sheff Wed/Cardiff also appear not to have enough so a 3 horse race for 2 positions and I'd be annoyed if we didn't make it.

WBA

Fulham

Leeds

Forest

City

Preston

………………..

Brentford

1. Fulham

2. West Brom

3. Leeds 

4. Forest

5. Brentford

6. Derby (arrival of Mr Rooney may well galvanise them plus normally a team come's out of nowhere)

Amazing that people think we will finish above Leeds given they are already 8 points ahead.

1. WBA 

2. Leeds

3 Fulham

4 Swansea

5 Brentford

6 Cardiff

7 Preston

8 City

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Amazing that people think we will finish above Leeds given they are already 8 points ahead.

1. WBA 

2. Leeds

3 Fulham

4 Swansea

5 Brentford

6 Cardiff

7 Preston

8 City

Especially as there are only 27 games left...

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Especially as there are only 27 games left...

So probably be about 20 points.

• Confused 1

Wba

Fulham

Leeds

Brentford

Forest

Then between Us,Derby,Swansea 

if we can get nketiah plus the boost of afobe coming back in March think will be enough to get us over the line

Derby - I honestly think Rooney will be a big difference and is capable of winning 9-12 points by himself

swansea - this comes down to if they sign Rhian Brewster as Steve cooper knows him well from time at England youth and he is also is talented player who knows where the goal is ( I don’t think we will get him down to the Kent loan situation previously and I think cooper will be a big factor in his decision if he comes to the championship) 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Wba

Fulham

Leeds

Brentford

Forest

Then between Us,Derby,Swansea 

if we can get nketiah plus the boost of afobe coming back in March think will be enough to get us over the line

Derby - I honestly think Rooney will be a big difference and is capable of winning 9-12 points by himself

swansea - this comes down to if they sign Rhian Brewster as Steve cooper knows him well from time at England youth and he is also is talented player who knows where the goal is ( I don’t think we will get him down to the Kent loan situation previously and I think cooper will be a big factor in his decision if he comes to the championship) 

We can't expect Afobe to be back in March, could understandably never play again poor bloke.

• Like 1

1. WBA

2. Fulham

3. Leeds

4. Bristol City

5. Notts Forest

6 Preston NE

As to Wednesday, scuppered by a massive points deduction under FFP rules, Derby to get done too

I’d like City to gain automatic promotion but, if not, I hope we don’t finish in 3rd place as third place teams often fail in the playoffs. Sixth place is ok for me 

We are currently 5th without the recognised striker that we need. Sign a striker (Nketieh / Vydra....) then we will be top 4. Have faith.

Forget Swansea they have already said that they still have to sell before thay can buy so Baston and /or Ayew will be gone plus Van De Hoorn is in the last 6 months of his contract so may also be sold.

I think speculation, albeit fun, should be left to the close of the window end of a January.  then we will have a better view of our chances. 
As it stands now there are teams better than us . Brentford  for example mullered us and we somehow got a point. Far smaller club than City but always do brilliantly 

2 hours ago, redapple said:

Fulham

WBA 

Forest

Cardiff 

City 

Leeds 

Leeds will run away with this by the end of the season and clear the rest by 6 or so more points 

I will happily have a tenner with anyone that we won’t make the playoffs. 

I will have a ton with anyone that we won’t finish above Leeds. 

14 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Depends how much the midfield four that started on saturday( Nagy, Massengo, Brownhill, Eliasson) play together for me.

If they play together for most of the rest of the season I think we might make it.

1. WBA

2. Fulham

3.Leeds

4. Sheff Wed.

5. Forest

6. City

So if we play that midfield 4 together for the rest of the season, you think we’ll do worse than we’ve been doing up until now..?! 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So if we play that midfield 4 together for the rest of the season, you think we’ll do worse than we’ve been doing up until now..?! 

No not at all.

6 hours ago, Bullbag said:

No not at all.

Them I’m confused by your prediction of finishing lower than we currently are, despite expecting us to do better...?!