IGNORED

No really, Szmodics

Unan

4 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I'd be absolutely fine with this. He looked great in pre-season but has failed to find his place in the team. Paterson's return in Jan will mean opportunities are even more limited for him. Hull and Huddersfield are two decent teams (I'd tip Hull to be this season's "late charge for the play-offs" team) and if he can get minutes in those teams then absolutely send him out.

5 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Bowen at Hull is out of contract end of season so likely to go in January.

Hull have year option so it's till end of next season if they obviously trigger that.

I'm just worried Szmodics won't get in either side, as both have some very good players.

If he does get in then it would be a great move. LJ has shown he can take time to play players after they sign.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Hull have year option so it's till end of next season if they obviously trigger that.

I'm just worried Szmodics won't get in either side, as both have some very good players.

If he does get in then it would be a great move. LJ has shown he can take time to play players after they sign.

Also Bowen is 22- what's the rule with that, is it players under 24 or players under and up to 24 that a club can get compensation for if contract offered?

Would be taking a major chance though!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Also Bowen is 22- what's the rule with that, is it players under 24 or players under and up to 24 that a club can get compensation for if contract offered?

Think it's players under 24 but I may be wrong. Usually compensation isn't huge. I'm sure he will be sold by next summer rather than letting his contract run down.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hmm, I wonder was a compensation fee would be and what bowens wage would be?? Hes a star in the making!!

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Think it's players under 24 but I may be wrong. Usually compensation isn't huge. I'm sure he will be sold by next summer rather than letting his contract run down.

15 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Hmm, I wonder was a compensation fee would be and what bowens wage would be?? Hes a star in the making!!

Overall, I think if he goes it'll be next ie 2020, Summer.

January 2021 of course, but there's the pre-contract thing- or is that just with foreign clubs?

I laugh when people think having a separate forum for types of topics stops those topics being in the main forum.

Szmodics is pointless here, he's back up to a role we don't use half the time. Get him some game time. Let him get better. Unless he needs more time in LJs coaching system.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Perhaps a loan with a view to a permanent signing in the summer? 

Maybe been told he has no future with us?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Adelukan go the same way 

I'd be surprised if Szmodics left permanently in the Summer. He's not really had a fair crack in the first team proper and Johnson has a record of giving players quite a long time in order to find their place. Eliasson, Brownhill, Moore, COD and even Engvall all had at least one full season on the fringes or out on loan before becoming embedded in the matchday squad (or being let go in Engvall's case). Szmodics seems to have bedded in well in the dressing room and we've heard no rumblings about a poor attitude - so there's no reason to let him go from that perspective.

A loan at championship level would be perfect for Szmodics imo, even if it is as back up to Bowen at Hull or Pritchard at Huddersfield.

As for Adelakun...I think he may get one more season here.

Note - all this is without checking the length of contracts, and all assuming we are a Championship team next season.

52 minutes ago, phantom said:

Perhaps a loan with a view to a permanent signing in the summer? 

Maybe been told he has no future with us?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Adelukan go the same way 

Szmodics I don't feel it's too late for- if he goes to one of these and does alright, he can come back- promotion notwithstanding- and have a fresh crack IMO.

Adelukan, agreed- no real future it seems. He played one game was it- when we were in some terrible form away to Leeds- and yes he was very poor but our form and confidence were low too. We did him or Eisa few favours I believe- loaning them out in January 2019 to upper end League One clubs may have seen a different trajectory- especially Eisa, to Charlton, an area he knows from his Greenwich days and clearly a side who can step up reasonably to this level as we are seeing this season. Adelukan though not a topend loan, return on loan to Scunthorpe may have been ideal for all parties- and reduced their compensation claims at tribunal too while he could develop in an environment he knew- again, injuries permitting.

I had slight concerns about Moore and wondered if it could have been better for him and us had we for example loaned him to a Bundesliga 2 club, mix of technical and pace, to compliment his Lens days and his Lower League loans, but happily these concerns were very much misplaced! ?

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'd be absolutely fine with this. He looked great in pre-season but has failed to find his place in the team. Paterson's return in Jan will mean opportunities are even more limited for him. Hull and Huddersfield are two decent teams (I'd tip Hull to be this season's "late charge for the play-offs" team) and if he can get minutes in those teams then absolutely send him out.

Well if he is no better than Patterson then you wonder why we signed him. 

Archived