IGNORED

No really, Szmodics

Unan

14 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'd be surprised if Szmodics left permanently in the Summer. He's not really had a fair crack in the first team proper and Johnson has a record of giving players quite a long time in order to find their place. Eliasson, Brownhill, Moore, COD and even Engvall all had at least one full season on the fringes or out on loan before becoming embedded in the matchday squad (or being let go in Engvall's case). Szmodics seems to have bedded in well in the dressing room and we've heard no rumblings about a poor attitude - so there's no reason to let him go from that perspective.

A loan at championship level would be perfect for Szmodics imo, even if it is as back up to Bowen at Hull or Pritchard at Huddersfield.

As for Adelakun...I think he may get one more season here.

Note - all this is without checking the length of contracts, and all assuming we are a Championship team next season.

Eisa?

Szmodics must have had something- Leeds and Derby were linked with him IIRC.

Intended as a Paterson replacement perhaps- competition for Palmer- with Paterson now linked with a return, he slips that bit further down the pecking order- 3 clubs, one season rule a problem here.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-among-clubs-monitoring-14-goal-midfielder/

Above article was from the summer but he  surely has/had something!

On 03/12/2019 at 16:16, Simon bristol said:

I think the question is why would those 2 teams want him at this point? He may well come good but at this point hes not an effective championship footballer

Maybe they think he can be a good player at this level?

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not for us then. We`re not at that level of transfer fee yet.

Unfortunately yeah- I'd be looking at either a loan for Nketiah, or if he's not available, Vydra for £6m- if the Gayle situation changes then revisit but we aren't going to pay £15m + what will be major wages at this level yet IMO.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unfortunately yeah- I'd be looking at either a loan for Nketiah, or if he's not available, Vydra for £6m- if the Gayle situation changes then revisit but we aren't going to pay £15m + what will be major wages at this level yet IMO.

Good grief P don't you have any decorations to put, up Christmas shopping to do, a life to lead??

16,328 posts WoW !!!

I always wonder what clubs offer some of these younger players to convince them to join. The pay rise obviously helps, but they must get told that they will get opportunities if they perform well or players like Szmodics, Eisa and Cundy must get told that we will get them playing at a higher level for more money even if it means a loan. I cannot imagine years in our u23 would appeal to many players currently playing for league clubs.

Other players like Matty Taylor and Adelakun were performing well at a league below so must have been promised that they will be in and around the first team as there would be little progression (other than wages) through loans.

I bet Bakinson and Hinds wish they had stuck it out at Luton.

3 hours ago, Middlesbrough Robin said:

I always wonder what clubs offer some of these younger players to convince them to join. The pay rise obviously helps, but they must get told that they will get opportunities if they perform well or players like Szmodics, Eisa and Cundy must get told that we will get them playing at a higher level for more money even if it means a loan. I cannot imagine years in our u23 would appeal to many players currently playing for league clubs.

Other players like Matty Taylor and Adelakun were performing well at a league below so must have been promised that they will be in and around the first team as there would be little progression (other than wages) through loans.

I bet Bakinson and Hinds wish they had stuck it out at Luton.

Better coaching

Archived