IGNORED

Charlton & Wednesday Tickets Now On Sale

elhombrecito

6 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Only around 500 sold of 1,500 from what I can see. 

I was expecting a Fulham style scrum for tickets, but apparently not :dunno:

Both games live on tv, bound to affect ticket sales. Incidentally on Boxing day there are 21 live prem and championship games available to watch live. Is this a record?

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

There are few trains any of this month due to 'Comrades right to withdraw their labour' 

Only South Western Railway so no impact on anyone from the Bristol GWR route

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I seem to recall there being none last Boxing Day too when we were at home to Brentford?

There hasn't been trains on Boxing Day in this region as long as I have been alive, First Bus run a skeleton service in and around Bristol and last year ran the first services from Weston to Bristol on Boxing Day

We were at Brentford (2003), Watford (2008) and QPR (2009) on Boxing Days gone by and we had sell outs at all the games - can't see anything less than the usual large following this year

(If anyone wonders why I can remember these games so vividly, it's my birthday 26/12, and recall stories from all these games)

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Only South Western Railway so no impact on anyone from the Bristol GWR route

There hasn't been trains on Boxing Day in this region as long as I have been alive, First Bus run a skeleton service in and around Bristol and last year ran the first services from Weston to Bristol on Boxing Day

We were at Brentford (2003), Watford (2008) and QPR (2009) on Boxing Days gone by and we had sell outs at all the games - can't see anything less than the usual large following this year

(If anyone wonders why I can remember these games so vividly, it's my birthday 26/12, and recall stories from all these games)

Aren't South West trains on strike during December? 

So as a City fan who lives practically very close to Charlton I am really hoping to be able to get tickets so me, my Dad and my 4 (soon to be 5) year old boy can lal go to his first Bristol City game together and my son can wear with pride the new City shirt we've got him for Xmas.

Only issue is werw not season ticket holders or members because we live the wrong wide of London to be able to get back regularly enough. 

So please can enough of you stay away so I can make my boys Christmas wishes come true!?!? 

1 hour ago, redrob said:

So as a City fan who lives practically very close to Charlton I am really hoping to be able to get tickets so me, my Dad and my 4 (soon to be 5) year old boy can lal go to his first Bristol City game together and my son can wear with pride the new City shirt we've got him for Xmas.

Only issue is werw not season ticket holders or members because we live the wrong wide of London to be able to get back regularly enough. 

So please can enough of you stay away so I can make my boys Christmas wishes come true!?!? 

There's still 847 tickets left, so it will definitely make member sales, and probably general sale.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And that’s only a first allocation I’d imagine.

Doesn’t the stand hold 3k?

Correct, the stand is basically in two halves separated by a walkway running across the stand. 

The front portion is sold first before the rear section is opened 

23 minutes ago, redrob said:

Maybe a takeover (not done yet though I don't think) but they still are not making 10million profit are they ?

Well Sky announced it when Charlton were last on live that the supporters had something to celebrate as the takeover had been completed.

Be some pretty dodgy financial management if they made £10m in their accounts after only a week, hey?

• Admin
13 hours ago, redrob said:

Maybe a takeover (not done yet though I don't think) but they still are not making 10million profit are they ?

12 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Well Sky announced it when Charlton were last on live that the supporters had something to celebrate as the takeover had been completed.

Correct it has not yet gone through

The below is taken from https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5de8e9df16eca/bowyer-on-the-proposed-takeover

Lee Bowyer is pleased with what he is hearing from the club's prospective new owners.

East Street Investments have agreed a deal to purchase the club subject to EFL approval and, speaking at his weekly press conference on Thursday morning, Bowyer said: “It’s positive, the things that we’re hearing, it’s positive stuff. The club getting taken over, money to spend in January or the summer, new contracts for myself and the staff, tying Lyle [Taylor] down.

"Hopefully it does all happen, but again this is not in our control, we’ve got a long way to go before we get to that. The most important thing is that the club gets taken over and then we will go from there."

Bowyer refused to get carried away with the news as the club awaits for confirmation of the agreed takeover: “All these things I’m hearing, but let’s not get carried away so soon, it has to be done first and I hope it does. If it does it’s all positive and the club can move forward, nothing changes for me. I want the club to be successful, that’s why I’ve stayed here. I think everybody knows that there’s been opportunities to go elsewhere and I’ve chosen to stay, so hopefully that loyalty gets repaid.

“I know there’s meetings [with the EFL] and stuff but these are things we can’t control, obviously we all want it to happen but until it does, we have just got to carry on normal and keep doing what we’re doing every day. But hopefully it happens, for everybody.”

Archived