IGNORED

Lions tour to South Africa 2021

phantom

Conan at 8 and Price at 9 stand out, the others are not so surprising. I thought it would be close between Lawes and Beirne at 6. Daly at 13 surprises me a bit as it's Henshaw's best position. Adams out despite scoring a bazillion tries on tour.

Interesting that Murray was given the captaincy whilst clearly not an automatic pick.

On 21/07/2021 at 18:30, Lrrr said:

Yeah Adams is the big surprise for me, thought he was nailed on 

It’s a controversial one, for sure. Can understand it. A lot of his tries he ended up being the last man in the move.

I don’t think he’s too brilliant defensively. That being said, I don’t think Duhan VDM is either. He’s in for his physicality, without a shadow of a doubt.

Anthony Watson is a shoe in for me. Glad to see Liam Williams is fit for the 23. LRZ got showed up too much by Kolbe in SA A game.

Think we’ll be expressive in the backs which is exciting.

I can't find a bad word to say about Rassie. He was there for Munster when Axel died and it felt like the world had ended. He's a great coach and I would definitely agree that South Africa were on the wrong end of some tough calls at the weekend. 

However, even I have to say that this is way over the top. Leaving aside the rights and wrongs and the fact that the officials have no right of reply, I don't see what he gains here. Rassie absolutely doesn't care what anybody else thinks about him and he will have only done this because he thought that it might give the Boks an edge somewhere but I can't see it. He's got this badly wrong in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

I'd laugh if the Lions win today  despite the South African s best attempts to sway the ref pre test...

Yep…….blaming the officials is classic sour grapes. Absolutely no acknowledgment that Lions were better than them.

42 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Dire 2nd half from the Lions. No plan, no attack, too many penalties conceded. Fair play SA but my god, the Lions have to do better than that.

On the pitch game plan needed to change. Farrell comes on and we repeat the kicking game which had failed is already. We also gave up at the line out. Poor game management 

8 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Have i missed something? What's happened to Louis Rees-Zammit?

I dont understand that selection. It was the tactics that let the 2nd test down, not the players. How as VDM kept his place? As you say, where is LRZ? Also Hamish Watson? Ken Owens couldn't even throw the ball last game.

Lets hope Finn Russell come on with SS in the final 20 and we actually play a bit of Rugby, because punting it forward repeatedly wont work

Archived