IGNORED

£8.6m for January ?

steviestevieneville

I’ve asked Kieran Maguire for clarification on his statement.  Owners can cover debt for FFP.  Owners can convert debt into shares to sort out the books, etc.

I think our finances (following 18/19’s accounts) are a bit healthier than I predicted, but I doubt it’s £8.6m extra in the pot...possibly more likely cashflow.

But i’m only guessing. @Mr Popodopolous, where are you!

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve asked Kieran Maguire for clarification on his statement.  Owners can cover debt for FFP.  Owners can convert debt into shares to sort out the books, etc.

I think our finances (following 18/19’s accounts) are a bit healthier than I predicted, but I doubt it’s £8.6m extra in the pot...possibly more likely cashflow.

But i’m only guessing. @Mr Popodopolous, where are you!

The amount is rather precise, which implies it may well be for covering cash flow.

Anybody hoping we will be able to pay the £15m Newcastle are said to want for Gayle plus his reported £60k a week wages may be disappointed.

55 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There`s a bloke banging them in for Posh who they would probably want that much for. Mo something...…………………..

And that Matty Taylor is banging them in in league one too. Shame league one isn't the championship!

27 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The amount is rather precise, which implies it may well be for covering cash flow.

Anybody hoping we will be able to pay the £15m Newcastle are said to want for Gayle plus his reported £60k a week wages may be disappointed.

That’s my thought too.  He has to put in equity of £8m to allow losses if £13m pa (rather than £5m).

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

Sections 5.2/3 and Appx F

The £600k, is from down the sofa

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s my thought too.  He has to put in equity of £8m to allow losses if £13m pa (rather than £5m).

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

Sections 5.2/3 and Appx F

The £600k, is from down the sofa

Didn't Steve do something similar at the end of the last financial year?

Yeah,  looks like the equity to take us to that £13m to me.

Quite important as without it, we could only lose £13m + £13m £5m + allowables as rolling figure to May 2020.

FFP,  cashflow anyway.

However our profit last season is surely added to the £13m + allowables?  In short,  decent leeway- I'd have thought the big window of opportunity for promotion would be this  or next season. A favourable time anyway.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Anyone paying £15m for a 30 year old who cannot do it in the prem must be mad, if you were to spend that sort of money then Bowen is the man to try and get

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Toney's first name is Ivan I believe.

I think he's Swiss.

fast_show_fosters_09.jpg.93cd12b3dc2bf136eaa16efcab63f273.jpg

Goal scoring in league 1 is like making love to a beautiful woman. You just have to get in the box and when you get a chance , poke it home. 

4 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Gayle at the price newcastle want would be madness. plus high wages.  not played much recently due to injuries. keep well away. 

What about a loan though....then focus longer-term option in summer if Afobe doesn’t work out (hope it does).

8 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Gayle at the price newcastle want would be madness. plus high wages.  not played much recently due to injuries. keep well away. 

Couldn’t disagree more - providing we were happy with the injury side of things.  

The stats show he is in a league of his own at this level. For the same money as the likes of Assambalonga and Kodjia he is proven to be literally almost twice as good. 

I don’t think we’ll sign him but in the current market he’s worth every penny of £15m and some more on top. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Couldn’t disagree more - providing we were happy with the injury side of things.  

The stats show he is in a league of his own at this level. For the same money as the likes of Assambalonga and Kodjia he is proven to be literally almost twice as good. 

I don’t think we’ll sign him but in the current market he’s worth every penny of £15m and some more on top. 

Is it affordable/viable under FFP?

Archived