IGNORED

£8.6m for January ?

steviestevieneville

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd be surprised if based on all the reports he's available on loan- but a lot can happen between now and January of course!

Loan would definitely be worth pursing IMO.

Newcastle moving up the table could perhaps increase the chance of a loan move, less risk of Newcastle going down, less need for him in changing a settled side may increase interest in just getting his wages off the books for 6 months/loan fee

51 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is it affordable/viable under FFP?

I have no idea mate! I just can’t agree with the ‘not worth the price’ line. If anything he’s undervalued at £15m IMO. 

To be clear, I don’t for a minute think we’ll be in for him on a permanent basis. 

12 minutes ago, hodge said:

Newcastle moving up the table could perhaps increase the chance of a loan move, less risk of Newcastle going down, less need for him in changing a settled side may increase interest in just getting his wages off the books for 6 months/loan fee

Possibly.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I have no idea mate! I just can’t agree with the ‘not worth the price’ line. If anything he’s undervalued at £15m IMO. 

To be clear, I don’t for a minute think we’ll be in for him on a permanent basis. 

Yeah, agreed- he is worth it- the injury history of this season a bit of a reservation for me IMO but that notwithstanding, certainly seems a solid ie reasonable price.

21 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Anyone paying £15m for a 30 year old who cannot do it in the prem must be mad, if you were to spend that sort of money then Bowen is the man to try and get

Gayle has scored over 30 goals in around 100 premier league games for Palace and Newcastle - not too shabby in sides that haven’t exactly set the premier league alight in recent times? Bit harsh to say he cannot do it in the prem ...

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Gayle has scored over 30 goals in around 100 premier league games for Palace and Newcastle - not too shabby in sides that haven’t exactly set the premier league alight in recent times? Bit harsh to say he cannot do it in the prem ...

Surprised he scored that many to be honest 15 mil still a lot to pay for a 30 year old, well proven at this level though but no chance of getting the 15 mil back, 

Archived